ii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER II

Nothing? Are you serious?

"The weather is fine here, Lucy

"The weather is fine here, Lucy." Vaishali assured her. "There will be no thunderstorms."

"Good. But I'm still worried. The forecast says a thirty percent possibility." Lucy chewed on her bottom lip in worry, holding the phone against her ear.

"Enora will be fine. One of us is always with her. She's never left alone."

"I know. But if she cries too much, please call me. I don't care if it's in the middle of the night." Lucy sighed, running a hand through her hair. "How was the doctor's checkup? Nothing serious, right?"

"No, she's in perfect health."

"Thank god." She sighed in relief. "And how are you both? This won't carry on for too long, I assure you—"

"---oh, sush, Lucy." Vaishali rolled her eyes. "Have we ever made you feel that it's a burden handling her?"

"No, but—"

"--- that's it. She's a lovely child. And we, as her aunts, have the full rights to look after her and we will continue to do so until the situation in New Orleans becomes safe enough to return back. Speaking of which, how are things there?"

"Thank you." Lucy smiled softly to herself. "And things got fixed for a moment, we got all the moonlight rings back from Francessa, but now there's this new witch, Cassie, who is making moonlight rings for the wolves. Nik is there right now to talk to her. But, on the bright side, Hayley is trying to reconnect with your pack."

"Things will get fixed, don't worry." Vaishali assured her before her attention snapped to the baby monitor on hearing the sound of crying. "I'll go now, Enora woke up. And I think Rebekah's also back from grocery shopping. Bye."