XVI. Third Year: Maybe The Marauders Aren't... That Bad?

November 22, 1974 (Friday)

JAMES FLEAMONT POTTER

*ੈ‧₊˚*ੈ‧₊˚

"So you and Sirius are going to the three broomsticks tomorrow? Like just the two of you?" He asked Remus.

"Yes," Remus confirmed.

"Why? Why can't the four of us just all go together?"

Remus buried his face in his hands, "For once in your life please use your brain, James."

James was still very confused. "I still don't get it. Why?"

"James if you were to ask Lily to the three broomsticks what would it mean?"

"That I was offering for her to come get a butterbeer with me? You asked her the same thing last year."

"Yeah, but I don't like her like that."

"Neither do I," James defended.

"Yeah, haha, very funny James," Remus said. "Well what does it usually mean when you ask someone who you like to Hogsmeade?"

James blinked in surprise, "You like Sirius?!"

Remus reached over to cover his mouth so no one would hear him, "Yes, now shut up before someone hears you dumbass."

"You actually like him?"

Remus seemed to relax a bit. He rested his head against the back of the common room couch. "Yeah I do. I don't know if he likes me like that though. It's hard to tell with him."

"I mean he did accept the offer," James reasoned.

Remus shrugged, "I guess so. I'm still not sure though. So who are you going to hang out with at Hogsmeade."

"I don't know, Wormtail has some date with some Hufflepuff girl so I'll probably just hangout with the girls."

"Alright, Sirius and I can still hang out with you towards the end of the trip though. Just give us some time alone first, okay?"

"Yeah, alright," James agreed. "Good luck on your little unofficial date tomorrow."

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

November 23, 1974 (Saturday)

James was walking amongst all the students going to Hogsmeade that weekend. He was walking alongside Mary, Marlene, and Lily. The three of them were chatting excitedly about what they were going to do all day. James put in his input once in awhile.

He caught sight of a certain someone walking all alone ahead of them and he tapped Marlene on the shoulder, "I'll be right back."

James jogged over to Regulus, "Hey, Regulus!"

Regulus turned to look at him. "Potter," he greeted.

James joined him on his side as they continued to walk to the carriages. "Are you all alone? Where are your friends?"

"Aidan has a date, Kian is sick, and Hez is staying back to practice Quidditch. He is stressing over the next game like crazy right now," Regulus explained.