03 | so hard

01X01 ☮︎ Welcome to Colorado ☮︎

01X01
☮︎ Welcome to Colorado ☮︎

Cole🧸
Sit with us at lunch?
Got a D- on the test,
wanna see you. x

Lilah🌻
On my way. x

Lilah spoke animatedly to Dylan as the pair walked from the class they just shared to the cafeteria for lunch. She was avidly pitching her point to the boy that Pluto deserved to be reinstated as a full-sized planet, meanwhile Dylan just laughed at her exaggerated hand movements.

"They can't just demote it like that!" She had been saying as the pair joined the queue to get lunch. Lilah shook her head in disappointment. "It's so cruel."

Dylan simply hummed in agreement until they were joined by another presence, who cleared his throat to gain their attention.

"Cole." Dylan greeted almost stiffly as the former wrapped an arm around Lilah's shoulders - much to the dismay of his girlfriend who was watching the interaction like a hawk.

"Dylan." Cole responded simply, his usual smirk gracing his features.

"Lilah." The girl grinned as she added herself into the conversation.

"Hey, pretty girl." Cole smiled down at Lilah as they made eye contact. Dylan coughed uncomfortably, feeling like an obvious third wheel. "Bye, Dylan."

With that, he dragged the girl to the front of the line, politely asking to go ahead. The girl currently at the front nodded instantly.

"Cole, I can wait- I'm so sorry." Lilah called out to the remaining people in line as Cole had already started loading up her tray with her favourites, before moving to pay as the girl got distracted. "I love your hair today, Jenna."

The girl at the front of the line - Jenna - blushed, both at the compliment and at the fact that the Lilah Walker knew her name.

"Lilah, let's go." Cole interrupted, already making his way towards the table he, and his friends, occupied.

"Hey guys!" Lilah grinned to the group as she approached them. Cole had placed her tray down in front of a boy - who quickly got the hint and stood, offering his chair to Lilah. "Thank you, Jamie."

Cole sat in his original seat, now next to Lilah, and linked their pinky fingers inconspicuously underneath the table. It was their cute little gesture when they were in public - the last thing Lilah wanted was to deliberately antagonise Erin, but both Lilah and Cole appreciated the comfort their contact brought.