08 | he found me?

01X04☮︎ Nineteen ☮︎

01X04
☮︎ Nineteen ☮︎

Lilah felt cold when she woke up. She could feel the stiff mattress beneath her as she withstood the weight of the blankets on top of her - and yet she felt so cold. A ringing reverberated through her mind as her memories restored themselves slowly. Where was she? The haze clouding her judgment cleared slightly and she realised the ringing wasn't in her head; the steady thumping was coming from beside her. She could hear shallow breathing next to her - someone sleeping - and as her eyes peeled open from her own slumber, she recognised a place she was all too familiar with. The hospital.

☮︎

11 hours earlier

Cole was convinced his phone would explode with the amount of times he had tried calling Lilah. He couldn't tell if he was overreacting, she was ignoring him already, this was just a continuation of that - but something didn't feel right.

He had reached out to all of his family members, her closest friends, even some of his own friends just to see if anyone had seen her in the past few hours. No one had. He dropped his head into his hands as he contemplated where she could be. He resolved that his best option was to go out looking for her, he had been waiting for hours and clearly she wasn't planning on returning home any time soon.

Cole checked Lilah's usual hangout spots, though he knew he was unlikely to find her at any of these during a storm. He even stopped off at Lark after Dark, hoping maybe her mood had improved and she would be out socialising, but to no avail.

Katherine could see the panic overwhelming her son as he explained the situation; she also was now worried, having not seen the girl in days, but thinking it was only to avoid Cole.

"Alex! When did you last see Lilah?" Cole pounced as soon as he saw his brother. As far as he knew, Alex was the last person to see her.

"This morning, why?" Alex asked cluelessly.

"Was she okay? Did something happen?" Cole interrogated, his voice raising over the sound of the music.

"Yeah, she was fine. Well, I mean, she acted weirdly when Jackie turned up, but-"

"Jackie? What the fuck was she doing there?" Cole's nerves heightening more, now knowing the other last person to see Lilah was the one who could do the most damage.

"She came to check on her after you messed up!" Alex responded venomously, disliking the accusing tone his brother held. "But then Lilah totally switched up on her, said that Jackie called her a whore - I don't know what's gotten into her-"