Prologue - Supernova

It was warm at first.

There was peace in the air. I couldn't move, but I didn't need to. I sat stagnant, gleaming pridefully alongside my fellow stars. We filled the sky with light, staying bright with the help of our Elders, who easily created new stars to accompany us. I couldn't know how long we've all existed, or how, but it didn't matter.

With the stars united, our light was infinite.

But then darkness came.

As the Elders left one by one, my fellow, more fragile stars went barreling down after them over the years. I stayed strong. I continued to shine. But, without the Elders, I could never glow as brightly. I became weaker.

One day, I was as dull as ever, barely illuminating. This was when I truly awoke. Only one thought consumed my newly developed mind.

"Bring our lost stars home."

Before I knew it, I was barreling down from the sky. I had no control over where I was going. All I could feel was intense heat being pushed down by the wind as if to comfort me, but my soul was on fire. Down I went until I slammed onto a slab of rock, my being pulsating. I couldn't move. A glow encompassed me and grew until it exploded, creating a physical being to surround my light.

I lay on my side, curled into a ball. Though this body was new to me, I understood how to work it after eons of watching the Elders walk to and from me and my stars. I use my hands to push my upper body up, glancing around at my surroundings. I then pull my knees under me so I sit on my legs. I look down at my torso to still see the light emitting inside me. I hear a noise, so I glance to my left to see a stone gateway with a face carved on the connecting slab. A portal opened within it before my eyes, calling out to me as bells rang.

Drawn by its presence, I place my hand on the ground to help hoist myself up onto my feet. Without a second to waste, I clumsily walk toward the doorway and embrace the journey ahead.