.4

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈𖥸

"Don't look so worried." Carl told his mom as he threw more bird seed at the chickens. Hershel had said the boy could get out of bed, Cassian was eager to show her new friend around the farm, they ended up in the chicken coop with Lori.

"It's my job." Lori smiled at her son, thanking Cassian when she brought over more seeds.

"No, it's not." Carl denied. "You're a housewife."

Cassian let out a snort as Carl giggled a little. "Yeah, punk?" Lori threw seed at Carl. "You see my house around here?" Cass sat down and crossed her legs, smiling goofily at Lori as the small chicks fled to her.

"They don't have a mother." Carl observed.

"She might be somewhere else." Lori dismissed. Cassian shook her head. She didn't know what happened to the Mama chickens, but she knew they weren't here.

"Maybe she got eaten." Carl prompted. Both kids looked to Lori at her silence.

"Everything is good for something else." Cassian thought out loud. "Mice can be food for cats. Chicks can feed dogs. Just like walkers eat people."

"Have you seen somebody get eaten?" Carl asked Cassian, ignoring Loris protests.

"Yeah." Cassian told the boy. He looked at her in expectation, but the girl didn't budge. Lori threw more seed at the kids, causing them to giggle. Cassian liked her new friends, she just wished they could stay.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Cassian held Beth's hand as they walked with Patricia over to Rick. The man was speaking with Shane and Jimmy. "We'd like to join you for gun training today." Beth spoke.

"Hershel's been very clear." Rick told the girls, eyes briefly on Cassian. "I can't involve any of you in what we do without his okay."

"He doesn't like it but he consented." Beth clarified.

"Otis was the only one who knew Guns." Patricia spoke up. Cassian squinted, both her and her father knew guns too. "Now he's gone, we gotta learn to protect ourselves. Her father saw the sense in that."

"No offence, but I'll ask Hershel myself." Rick smiled. "And Judd."

"Oh, come on!"

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

"If you keep sulking like that, somebody's gonna think somethings wrong, girl." Judd said to his daughter as she rolled her eyes at him. "Come on." Cassian sighed, following after her father.