Fall for the Fallen

Chapter 5: x Fall for the Fallen
Author Notes: Please note that none of this has been beta'd or anything - no one has done it for me. I just sort of wrote it chapter by chapter, and uploaded it chapter by chapter. So, if it's grammar bad and such, please forgive me. But I really don't have anyone to beta it for me.

Disclaimer: Like I said before, I own nothing.

Enjoy!

V. Fall for the Fallen

It hardly came to reality the fact that the first person to hug me in ten years is none other then my former worst-enemy. And in the matter of only a week my entire emotion system has gone on a roller coaster while the thing that has come closet to getting me on the ride took over three blasted years. I blamed the book, the chess games, the candy hearts. And the blasted innocence held in the boys eyes. They're so fragile. So gentle, and offered me what any lonely man would need; love.

And I fell for it.

I could bloody make a potion for me to put me out of my misery. Get away from the pains of students and homework and that damned Albus with his twinkling eyes. It'd take no more then a day or two. But I can't leave the boy. I'm not bound by anything; words or promises. But I'm bound with the strangest thing in my life: my heart. I wouldn't mind a Potter to play chess with. Everyday. Every hour. Every minute. For the rest of my life.

And I fell hard.

"Severus?" The words startle me, and I feel a shiver glide down my spine. It's Albus, back to pester me. I went through hell for the man, yet he still comes to me each time. I stiffen up and shrug off the feelings, turning around to face the aging old man. What charm the man has to life. He's so simple, and so giving. But he only wants one thing; happiness. Happiness for the world, and people. Merlin, I'm turning into a preachers boy.

"Yes?" I ask, getting out of my words. His eyes glitter. He has a favor to ask me. I know it. The twinkle is like the start of an equation hat equals to me doing a favor. I'm use to this math now on. I only wish I was taught it and prepared for it in the past.

"I want to thank you for hugging our young Harry today." I groan, he notices but doesn't act upon it. He never does. He respects my emotions.

"He was vulnerable." I murmur quietly and glance at the sand clock, wishing that the older man wouldn't interrogate me at this time. I needed rest and my bed. I had went through rough terrain these last nights, and I just wanted to relax. I had the chance to now. Potter was okay.

"Severus. He cares for you." He lies. The boy doesn't care for me. I'm his greasy old git of a Potions Professor. He bought me a bloody present. And played a total of forty-one games of chess to date with me. And he always keeps my tea cup half empty and half full. Merlin, he does care. A little.

"Fine. Then let him care for me." I mutter coldly, my fingers tapping on the desk in annoyance.

"And you care for him, Severus." The hair on the back of my neck tingles at his words; he's bloody right, I do care. I shouldn't care for the boy for an inch - But I do, oddly enough.

"Headmaster, I only played chess with the boy." I reply, looking thoughtfully at the book he bought me in a way to get rid of the image of Albus looking at me so.. deeply.

"You gave him a reason." He mutters and an arrow strikes through my heart. This is all so true, but I won't admit it. I can't admit it. There are reasons, too many to list in one thought. I can't think of anything to say to the man's words. He wins every battle that we have; and I honestly wish he would let me have one. I swiftly look at him. He's standing by my desk, looking at me with those eyes. And I sigh, as a reply. Just a simple sigh. I want my glare. My words. Merlin, I want my Potter.