Chapter 8

It was the end of the Hashira meeting. There was a moment of silence.

'I want to ask him out so badly' Mitsuri thought

'I wish I had the confidence to ask Mitsuri out on a date... or literally anything' Iguro thought

Mitsuri spoke up "Iguro-san, I have a question." Before he could ask what it was Mitsuri bowed down "Will you go out with me?!" she asked intensely

Iguro looked at the pinkette wide-eyed, his anxiety fell away in seconds. 'Mitsuri wants to go out with me? Is she being honest?' he looked down at himself 'If she ever wanted to see me under my mask she would stop loving me within seconds' he looked back at Mitsuri 'But if this is what she wants, I'll give the world to mae her happy'
He smiled "Sure, I would love to." He tried to seem proffesional but couldn't help stuttering at every word

Mitsuri blushed super hardly 'HE SAID YES, HE SAID YES' "Thank you so much, Iguro-san!" she beamed

Giyuu walked over "Are you okay, Kanroji-san?"

Mitsuri blushed from her chin to her forehead "It's nothing Tomioka-san!"

He walked away without another word

Mitsuri is alone in her house geting ready for her date with Obanai

"Come on Mitsuri!" she said to herself as she got dressed "You're a grown woman! You can put your life together for one date!" she looked in the mirror as she put on lipstick "I'm sure Iguro-san won't treat me like he did" she said under her breath, she had actually had two fiances in the past, the second one was a nice person but she left him since she was faking her entire personality and she went to join the demon slayer corps. The first one treated her bad and told her that only ever a boar or a bear would marry someone like her. Those words still got to her when she slept at night.

"Alright! Every woman knows this, the most tedious part of a date, is . . ." she looked at her closet "Figuring out what to wear!"

After an entire hour of scouting her closet like a perimeter she settled on a white and pink kimono. She looked in the mirror, and confidently walked out.

Obanai was waiting for her at the base of her estate, he wore his normal demon slayer and striped haori.

"You look beautiful, Mitsuri-chan" he complimented

Mitsuri blushed slightly "Thank you, Iguro-san"

As they walked Mitsuri kept staring at Obanai's hand, waiting for him to take hers, but it never happened.

"Mitsuri, you're staring, are you okay?" he asked obliviously

"Y-Yeah, I'm good. This just feels magical to me" she said dreamily. Mitsuri dreamt of a day she would go out with who she felt like was the man of her dreams. 'If only our lives would never end, that way, we could spend it with each other'

They sat down at a restaurant.

There was an awkward silence before Obanai spoke

"Mitsuri-chan" Obanai started "What's something that gives you relief no matter how hard things get?" he tried to start a conversation

"Well~" she looked for the perfect answer "That would be . . ." She smiled to herself "The day Kibutsuji Muzan is defeated, our lives won't be put to waste. We'll be free, and we will have avenged the thousands of lives having been taken by demons"

The thought comforted him in a way as well "That relieves me as well, but it's also hard knowing, no matter what, someone will have to die in that fight. Another hashira or strong Demon Slayer"

Mitsuri looked down "I know one that is dying for sure . . . it was hard to hear"

"Kocho?"

Mitsuri nodded "She's my best friend, she's going to have to take her own life to kill upper rank two. I've learnt to accept that, two people I hope with my life won't pass are . . . ."

"Are?"

"You and Mui-kun, I care for you more than anyone, and Mui had his childhood robbed from demons, if he dies young, I'll never forgive myself"

"Same here, along with Sanemi, he's my best friend I guess you could say"

Mitsuri smiled "You seem to have fun speaking with him, you do horseplay often though" she stratched her head

"Yeah . . . fun" he thought back to Sanemi punching his lights out for ridiculing him the other day "Some times weren't fun though"

"Oh? Like what?"

"His temper is hard to deal with, wouldn't trade the asshat for the world either" he said happily

"A-Asshat?" She burst out "Iguro-san! You shouldn't call your comrades that!~ Let alone friends!"

Iguro laughed "Okay, Mitsuri. It's our way of greeting each other by this point"

"Iguro-san, why do you wear that mask everywhere?" Mitsuri asked

Iguro paused 'Do I tell her? I don't want to throw away the friendship we have' he sighed "I don't have a pleasant face as you may expect."

Mitsuri raised a brow "Ehhh? Don't say that about yourself, I'm sure your just as beautiful as your heart is!" Mitsuri said

"I assure you, it isn't" he hald his hand up

Mitsuri sighed "Okay then, i won't force you to show me. I'll love you even if you are ugly, which you are not!" she said

Obanai paused, she looked at her, shock in his eyes.

"Iguro-san- I mean Obanai-kun, what's wrong?" Mitsuri asked

"W-What did you just say? You don't mean" he hiccuped "You love me?"

Mitsuri looked at him and grinned "Of course I do, hasn't that been made obvious? I couldn't love you more if I tried, Obanai-kun" she said whole-heartedly.

"I-I love you too, Mitsuri"

Tears formed in Mitsuri's eyes.

"Here you two go, enjoy!" the waitress said, placing a tray at their table as Mitsuri blushed out of embarrassment and looked away 'That was so embarrassing!'

Iguro put her out of her state of embarrassment "Mitsuri-chan, I promise that the day Kibutsuji is defeated I will protect you no matter the cost" he said assertively

Mitsuri put her hands down and burrowed her eyebrows "And I'll protect you as well."