𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

-𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄-𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐀-

Laying in bed next to Chris has always been something I dreaded. I couldn't close my eyes. Scared of what could happen. I was thinking back to what happened when we came inside this evening after leaving my parents their party. I swallowed as a shiver ran down my spine. Chris went all out on me. From how I ran off to how I dropped his special bottle of wine. I didn't come back inside after my panic attack. I was so happy Carmen was there to watch over me. When I felt better and we were about to head inside Chris pulled me with him to go home. He said I was embarrassment. Said that's he wouldn't be able to look me in the eyes if he was me. he said a whale looked skinnier than me. I was so proud of the weight I had lost last month just for the same comment to hit me like a whole train wreck again. I felt so bad about myself again. I thought I looked alright today but apparently I didn't. I swallowed again as I thought of the beating he did. He always beats me on parts that are easy to cover up... that's the only positive thing in this relationship. I need to end it but I have no idea how. Chris has his ways to blackmail me. I can take him to court for it but I'm too scared to do it. Scared I would loose my first court session, scared he will find a way to outplay me. Scared of... him. Scared of what he will do. I wanted to sigh but I didn't. I didn't want to wake him up. The possibility of waking him up with a sigh is small but I don't want to take any risks.

The alarm started blaring through the room. The sound rang through my ears as I heard Chris groan and put it off. I had my back turned towards him as I pretended to be asleep. Chris moved out of the bedroom. He always woke up before me. He leaves the apartment at 4AM on Mondays and comes back at 20PM on Fridays. I only see him in the weekends and that's better for me. I know Chris cheats on me. I have seen his texts pop up on his phone multiple times. I recon he's using me for his status and the other girl for pleasure. I'm not into the whole pleasure thing... at least not like how he is into it. Because of him I haven't been into it for... I stopped counting to be honest. When I heard the front door close after a while I finally closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep. I still had 4 hours of sleep to catch and I will gratefully use those hours to sleep. What felt like a blink of an eye were actually the full 4 hours before I also had to get up. I climbed out of bed and started my day with a shower. How lucky I am that I start at 9 on Monday's. After my shower did my hair and make-up. I always did the same 2 hairstyles every time. A bun or loose hair. My favorites. Today I decided on a bun. I dressed myself in a pair of light blue pantalon with a white button up and looked around the kitchen to find something to consider breakfast only to find an over ripe banana. Not eating that as a breakfast. I will make banana cake from it. I grabbed my car keys and bag before I stopped while holding the door knob of the front door...

"Oh for fucks sake I forgot my shoes."

I ran back to the bedroom and walked into the wall in closet. I took my white Louboutin heels and placed them on before striding back to the front door. Grabbing my bag and keys I went to my car. I stepped in and drove to a near by cafe. I stopped to grab some coffee and a croissant. Then I headed to the office.

After I parked my car I walked into the building and greeted everybody on my way up to my office. I threw my coffee cup away in the trash can on my floor before unlocking the door to my office. I let myself sit in the chair and started off with a bite of my croissant. A minute of peace before the storm would start. I would have to go to court in 2 hours and before going there we have to go over the strategy with the client. To let them know our every move. I was about to take my second bite when the door to my office swung open.

"Oh thank god you're already in! Come on! We need you in the meeting room for the case of mister Gregor."

"Who?"

"The client of Ivan. Ivan can't think of a way to beat the opponent and he really needs your smart cookie brain."

"Yes yes... I coming."

Delilah closed the door on her way out and I leaned back in my chair. I sighed with my eyes closed as I savored the bite that was still on my mouth before pulling myself together and walking to the elevator. I took a floor down where all our meeting rooms were. I entered room 6.08 and sat down at the head of the table facing the screen. I looked around. People nervously biting pens as they went through notes.

"Let's burn some people."

(940 words)