𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

-𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐃𝐄-𝐈𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐀-

This weekend was a literal shit show with Chris. Chris had just left and I have never seen this man being this violent. My body aches in every way I can only imagine. I called in sick today at work. I don't have any special meetings or court cases so it wasn't too bad to take a day off... work at home actually. I was laying in bed and my phone was ringing.

"Hey dad."

"Hey princess. How are you feeling...  the footage of this weekend didn't like too good..."

"Yea I know. Called in sick at work today because well... I'm aching in every way possible. I'm gonna take a nice long shower later and take some rest. I need to be in court for 2 cases tomorrow. Better this way."

"Good to hear that you're taking care of yourself princess. I want to ask you to stay at my house this weekend. We will confront Chris and afterwards we'll take him to court for a claim. He did some serious damage to you and he should pay for it."

"That's sounds like a plan dad."

"Don't worry honey... it will end."

"I know..."

"I have to go. Love you princess."

"Love you too dad. Bye."

"Bye."

He hung up the phone and I took a deep breath. It's almost over I kept telling myself. For some reason I was scared about it. That it was gonna be all over soon. I mean what am I gonna do when it's done? I'll have to find a new apartment. That's one thing. I'll look into it with my dad when the times right. I frowned and groaned before I got up from my bed. I took a shower and did my skin care before getting dressed. A pair of jeans and a button up. I adjusted the sleeves and when I was done I did my mascara. I let my hair air dry as I walked to the kitchen. I made myself a breakfast and after eating I cleaned the apartment. The bell rang and I walked to my front door. I opened it and saw George standing there. He gave me a gentle smile as his gorgeous blue eyes locked with my eyes.

"Hey what are you doing here?"

"Seeing if you're okay. Last weekend with Chris... how are you feeling?"

"Mixed feelings... you wanna come in?"

"Only if we're gonna drink some tea."

I laughed softly as I opened the door further. George walked inside and I closed the door behind him. I started the kettle and let the water boil. I placed two mugs on the counter and popped two tea bags into the mugs. When the water boiled I poured it into the cups and the steam of the boiling water passed my face and the hot steam made my skin tingle. I placed the mugs on the salon table as we sat down on the couch.

"So? How are you Isa?"

"I've been better."

"I think we both know that's not what I meant."

I staid silent for a little bit. I grabbed my mug from the salon table and held the mug between my hands. The warmth of the mug reminded me of the times my father and I would go out and walk in the forest. We would get back home soaking wet from the rain and he give me a cup of tea of chocolate milk to warm me up. George shifted on the couch which brought me back to the moment I was in and not the moment I want to be in before my life turned upside down. Back to the careless days.

"My body aches in every way possible..."

I looked up at George. The look in his eyes and the frown on his face told me more than words ever could. I looked back at my hands that still held the mug.

"I've never seen Chris being this violent before. It's like he's getting more aggressive every time. I don't know why but I have a feeling that if I'm not confronting him soon... I..."

I swallowed as I let my index finger run along the rim of the mug of tea. It was a small distraction of all the feelings that went on inside my body. I had so many emotions at the same time, so many things to do at the same time. It was almost impossible to keep up with everything.

"I don't know I guess... I don't think it would turn out well if it would take a little longer before confronting him."

"That's understandable... if it really gets worse every time, there has to be a time that it reaches a dangerous situation..."

"Yeah I guess so..."

"What is it? Something is bothering you..."

"I'm just afraid..."

"Of what?"

"What will happen afterwards... will he leave without a problem. Will we go to court. How will my life be afterwards? I'm afraid everything will backfire for the worst..."

"Isa... you know it's natural to be afraid of change right? It's something a lot of people have doubts with. You're no exception."

"I'm just not used to being afraid. I've never been so afraid in my whole life."

"I know... everything will be alright okay? Maybe it's also a good week to start packing your stuff? If you want to get out this weekend it's best that you collect your most valuable things already. So when you don't get a chance to pick everything up you at least have some stuff."

"That's a good idea yeah... I'll just have to find a place to go. I will just make sure everything is ready and check into a hotel the day before. My parents their house is too far away from my work. So I'll just... stay in a hotel until I find an apartment I guess."

"I was meaning to ask you about that actually... I'm off to racing soon again. I was wondering if you wanted to stay at my place? I'm away quite a lot so it would be nice knowing someone is there to look after the house and well... you have a place to stay as well."

(1041 words)