*

Five le bûcheron

~~~~~~~~

Is she insane?

Is she really doing this?

Against her parents' expectations, Delyth made the executive decision to skip her ballet class and head to the train station to meet her tribute, a choice that, if discovered, would undoubtedly sustain their wrath.

She glanced down at her neat red uniform, now feeling too big for her. Her stomach rumbled, the reminder of the breakfast she skipped due to her mother's constant weight-gaining warnings. A wave of discomfort washed over her.

As she walked down the road with her bag of food, her eyebrows furrowed upon seeing the figure ahead. It bore a striking resemblance to Coryo, prompting her to wonder why he would be headed in this direction. The possibility of them sharing the same idea crossed her mind, seeming quite likely.

As he turned around she only then got a look at his face, it was Coriolanus! He stopped in his tracks and started to make his way over to her.

"Del? What are you doing down here? Don't you have ballet in the mornings?" Coryo asked, his confused gaze lingered on her.

"What better time to meet my tribute! I'm sure missing ballet once won't be disastrous" she declared, uncertainty lacing her voice as he held his gaze on her.

"You could get in trouble for this?"

"Well they never said we can't do this? It's not exactly cheating when they never-" Coryo cut her babble off.

"I'm talking about your parents Del, do they know you aren't going?"

Delyth paused for a while, his gaze making her sweat as she made eye contact with the floor.

"Not exactly? And they don't need to know! Please don't tell them, Coryo!" she pleaded, her doe eyes appearing more doe-like than ever before. Though she detested begging and loathed coming off as pathetic, Del understood men and their tendencies. She knew they liked to feel powerful, enjoyed being in control, and, above all, she knew that if there's one way to control a man, it's through doe eyes.

Not being able resist her sad eyes, he smiled at her and nodded his head for her to join him.

When they reached the train station she was surprised at how many peacekeepers were around, almost looking as if there was 4 for every one tribute, not very necessary.