Sonic Dies

Although Iblis had been sealed and Elise saved by Eggman, the story wasn't over yet. Mephiles appeared in the forest with the purple Chaos Emerald floating above him. He grinned, ready for his true intentions to be revealed to the world. Sonic and Elise walked through the forest and had smiles on their faces, but that was about to end. The Chaos Emerald appears behind them and sends out a bright light, giving Mephiles the opportunity to make his move. He sends a piercing attack through Sonic, causing him to let out a gasp sound. Elise notices this and lets out a gasp of her own as Sonic drops to the ground, dying right in front of her.

Elise: [Shaking him] Sonic! Sonic!

This was Mephiles' plan all along, and it was half true. Sonic was the one who releases Iblis from its dormant prison of Elise, but he wasn't the cause of it. He lets out an evil laugh as his plans have finally set in motion. Elise keeps shaking Sonic's body and turns him over, but his hand drops to the ground.

Elise: [Silently] Sonic?

Elise was holding her hands together, but remembers when she was little. Her father's words rang in her head, but she failed to listen to them at the end of it all.

Elise's Father: Yes, Elise... Don't cry, no matter what happens.

Elise's tears finally fell, and it was at this moment she realized what was going on.

Elise: [In sadness] Oh no... [Looks up at the sky; tears fall] Nooooooooo!

The flames in Elise's heart were finally released upon the world, and Mephiles was finally able to fuse with Iblis to become the Eternal Sun God of Soleanna, Solaris.

Mephiles: [Laughs] Finally, the seal is broken! At long last, I'll be able to join with you! Iblis! [Aims Chaos Emerald at Iblis] Now, Chaos Emerald! It's time for the final curtain call!

The Chaos Emerald rises into the air and begins the first part of the joining of Mephiles and Iblis. Shadow, Rouge and E-123 Omega were still in the ruins and standing in the center of a black, gooey shadow. Shadow puts his Inhibitor Rings back on and goes to pick up the two Chaos Emeralds, but a huge ball of light envelops the area. Aeon and Sally were walking around the forest looking for the back-up Espio was talking about, but unknown to them, the world was beginning to change.

Sally: We've been walking around for hours. Who do you expect we'll find?

Aeon: I don't know. [Feels surge; shocked] What the? [Pulls out Chaos Emerald] What's going on?

Sally: [Confused] Aeon?

A light similar to the one that enveloped Team Dark now envelops Aeon and Sally. Back in Soleanna, the clouds cover the city as Mephiles appears in the sky, Iblis' flames swirling all around him and the seven Chaos Emeralds. The two bond with one another and something far worse appears from the giant ball of light that was originally Mephiles and Iblis.

 The two bond with one another and something far worse appears from the giant ball of light that was originally Mephiles and Iblis