chapter two

0.2 - the asshole and his mom

Wyatt was the more open Howard to the change

Wyatt was the more open Howard to the change. While Jackie trailed behind with her arms crossed over her stomach with anxiety that Wyatt has and still faces to this day, Wyatt put a brave face on and embraced it. "So, Will, how many of these kids are George and Katherine's- biologically?"

Wyatt looked back to see that Jackie had perked up, seemingly interested in the start of a new conversation. Wyatt gave a small smile and continued walking step-with-step with Will. He turned with a bit of surprise and amusement at the girls. "Oh. You didn't know there were this many? All of them live here. There are eight of us kids. Plus Lee and Isaac are cousins on Dad's side."

Wyatt, still stuck on Katherine's looks, said crazed. "How does your mom not look forty years older?" Jackie was more sensible with her statement following Will's answer. "Our Uncle Richard said you had a big family, but I mean, I had... Wait, you all live here?"

Wyatt agreed that it was an important question but truly thought her answer, which was discarded should've been answered. She didn't say anything else on it, though, and let Will talk to her sister. If anything it could show Jackie that this family is good. "No. I live in town
with my fiancée, Hayley, but everyone else, yeah."

Jackie's jaw was slack but Wyatt didn't falter once, accepting the fate of it all. It may be her medication that made her so chill, but whatever it is, worked wonders.

Will brought the girls up the steps to a small flat where doors were all over. He guided the two to a small step up on the floor that led to a closed door. He opened the door and let the girls in. "This is your room. It was my mom's art studio."

Wyatt was in disbelief when she saw the bedroom that Jackie and her were getting. Not because of the size or the fact that they were sharing for the first time in their entire lives, but because of the walls. She always had a knack for noticing detail in art. It's the reason she wished to be just like her mom and become a designer in the fashion world. She noticed the paneling on the wall only added to the look with mountains, trees, and flowers all drawn with a cooler tone and the use of darker colors to outline the natural image made everything pop in the best way.

She ran her fingers over the paint in admiration while Jackie stood at the doorway with Will. Just looking in.

Wyatt broke from her trance and went back to her duties as an older sister. "Pick out a bed, Jack."

And the fifteen-year-old did just that, picking the full-sized bed closest to the door and right by the windows. Jackie looked to her sister for approval and all Wyatt had to do was give her a reassuring smile and a little nod before Jackie took a seat down on the bed. Wyatt would've liked that one, obviously, but she'd always let her sister pick first.

"Do you like it?" Will asked with a polite smile. Wyatt responded with a smile right back.

"Of course."