03

"Do you have anything in that head of yours?"

"𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞
𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬"

Kasia's heart raced, her nose bleeding as she floated in thick, black goo-like water pulling her down. Strange faces and hands formed in the liquid, amplifying the eerie atmosphere. A voice echoed, accusing her "Your fault"– Alexia's voice, angry and unfamiliar to Kasia. Another voice, soft and light, urged her to wake up. Opening her eyes, she met Leo's gaze.

"Ready to get up, sleepy head?" he asked. "Yes," she replied, tossing herself off the sleeping bag.
They had been battling monsters for days, she found her spear "Haris," at an auto motive store that they had also had to escape from she found out that Leo can control fire and Piper has a ability to "charm speak" aka she can mind control people with her voice. Kasia had ended up being a little jealous of her friend's new found powers but now, with the festus fixed, their journey continued, though Kasia still questioned the safety of the metal creature. Leo's sarcastic wake-up call didn't sit well at 7:00 in the morning.

"Kayak, you need to quit dozing off."
"Don't call me that, Snoopy," Kasia retorted. She despised the nickname 'kayak' Leo gave her since their wilderness school trip. Leo had deemed it logical due to their names starting with K. 'Snoopy' was a nickname she and Piper devised when Leo's ill-fitting pajamas revealed the character Snoopy during the same trip. Now, they were soaring over a landscape,. They had been looking for storm spirts and coach hedge was - he had been missing since Grand Canyon.——

————

They trailed the spirits into an underground store adorned with the title "M" on a billboard outside. "What's this place?" Leo inquired.

"A store?" Kasia quipped. "No, seriously, why are we here?" Leo pressed.

"It's going to help us find Hedge," Jason replied, nudging Leo. Their differences were highly noticeable– Jason, a blond, muscular, white guy with a tattoo, and Leo, a black-haired, slender Hispanic boy, barely taller than Kasia. As they wandered through the store, resembling a magical Walmart, a tall, pale woman in a '60s-style black sparkling dress with long black hair covering half her face appeared.

"May I help you find something?" she asked, her unsettling demeanor was hidden under a welcoming smile. "I'm thrilled to have new customers."

As the four demigods and two spirits stood in silence, Jason finally stammered, "Um, is this your store?"

"Yes, I took it over after it was abandoned. It's always nice to give things new life," she replied. Jason, stuttering, explained they were looking for their friend Gleeson Hedge.