11. Happy Birthday To You

"Honestly I would just... I would walk over it.--" 

"--Like, who would do a back flip over something you could just jump on, I mean?"

"--It's crazy."

"--Truly."

"Hey, do you want some chips, maybe some beer, wine?"

"No I'm good, maybe just some water, if you don't mind?"

"Course not, hold on," Alex says as she gets up from the sofa. 

After grabbing Bucky his clothes, and changing his clothes, their now in the living room, watching another dumb movie except this time it's a dumb action movie. 

Alexia gets some glasses from the cabinet and a water pitcher from the fridge filling both glasses then puts back the pitcher in the fridge. While doing so, Alexia suddenly remembers her gift for Bucky. Which she remembered she placed on the dining table while cleaning up the living room a few hours earlier. She goes back to the living room couch and places the glasses on the coffee table and hurries off to grab Bucky his gift. 

Gift in hand, she goes back to the sofa finding Bucky putting down his glass back down on the table after drinking from it. "Happy Birthday to you," Alex sings as Bucky can't help but think how angelic her voice sounds. "I have something for you," Alex says, now in her normal voice. "Aww, thanks, you didn't have to" Bucky says as he rubs the back of his neck - something he does when he gets flustered or nervous...or both. "So remember when we went to the library cause I wanted to pick up a new book?" She asks him "Hmh," he hums in agreement "You got good memory granpa," She teases him as he breaks out a smile "And remember when you told me that you liked books that has love and action in one?" 

"Yup," He says popping the P "Open it," Alex gives him the box and he receives it with his big and  veiny hands. He slowly unties the ribbon and opens the box. He picks ups the book and observes it in his hand "Hey, it's that book I've been wanting to see, how'd you know?" 

"Twin telepathy," she shrugs. "You are so cute, you look like a kid who got the best gift for Christmas," Alex giggles "Well I did get the best gift, it's from you," Bucky tell's Alex as his steel blue eyes sparkle looking at her olive green orbs. Alex's rubs his shoulder in response, finding his words sweet as she try's to hide her flustered appearance. "There's more," She says nodding to the box. "More?" Alexia doesn't know how much Bucky appreciates having her in his life. Ever since he got drafted off to fight in the war, his whole life became battling in a war. He appreciates how Alex gave him the opportunity to rest, to feel genuinely happy. After they have their every weekend hang out, he may come home tired, but he comes home tired and happy. Having something to look forward to everyday, maybe even someone. Every night Bucky would think to himself about her, she's someone to look forward to hanging out with because she's so fun to be with. You can rely on her with anything, whether you'd wanna relax, spend all your energy on a game of basketball at an arcade but still not beat her highest score, how she only laughs at the jump scares on a scary movie that even I find actually scary. She's someone who'd immediately know when something's wrong, or when I'm uncomfortable, she'd changed the topic immediately. Everything about Alexia Abrams, it runs through Bucky's head. Thinking, 'I don't deserve her.' 

As he opens the gift Bucky finds another thing he'd been wanting, a book lamp. Every night when he couldn't sleep he'd always read, all though finding it quite hard at the dark, he'd been thinking about buying one of these. He'd also been thinking about buying a bookmark, because Sam Wilson would always take his off the pages he would mark, making him go off track. And Alex got him everything he needed. "Gosh, thanks doll, really." Bucky tries his best not to sound flustered as he covers his face with his hands and thinks 'She knows me so well, I really don't deserve this gorgeous woman.' 

"Oh it's nothing Buck, you deserve it, you did bring me lots of fun this month, it's the very least I can do for you," She shows Bucky her 'beautiful smile' as he thinks. "So uhm, what's this for?" He asks holding the book tabs in his hands.

Alexia chuckles "It's when you want to remember a page in a book, you stick it to that page."

I swear she knows more about me than me myself. Bucky says in his mind. Every time he would read, he would put scotch tape into thee important parts of the book so he can have something to come back to incase he gets lost. And no, he doesn't actually get lost. He can literally finish one book in 3 days. 

"Well thank you very much Alexia, you've been a really great companion to me this month," He breaks up a smile showing his pearly white teeth. He might not realize, but he can seem to bring himself to say 'friend'. Maybe he wants to be something more... It's just a maybe though, I'm just a narrator here man I don't know everything. (except I do *wink wink*)

✪✪✪

A  L E X I A

After we finished watching our movie, I got a call from Captain Rogers himself -yeah, he asked for my number, i don't know why, you ask him. - Anyway, he called me asking if Bucky was with me and that they needed him. 'Wow, nice of you to only call the man when ya need him' I thought

After the call Bucky said sorry for having to leave and I told him that it was no problem. Now it's the crack of dawn and I have no problem of sleeping now. So I go ahead to my bedroom, blocking all lights, and sinking into my 'never been this comfortable' bed. 

Surprisingly, but happily, I woke not to a nightmare, but a buzzing on my side bed table. I pick up my phone and see 3 messages left for me from Emilia.

Em💓💓:

Get ready by 9, someone will come and pick you up by your apartment at 9:30

pack some clothes, for 3 nights and 3 days. 

And Al, believe me, I am sorry...

Confusion dawns upon me. Millions of questions runs freely through my head.

Wasn't she supposed to come back tomorrow?

Why do I need to bring clothes for 3 days?

Is this text really from Emilia?

What is she hiding from me?

And the most asked question of all, What the hell is she sorry for? She sounds nothing like the Emilia I know. Maybe I don't know her at all.

As another thought comes to my mind, I pray to all gods that it really isn't what I think. 

Has she been working with HYDRA all this time?...

A/N

Replying to Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes about him saying he doesn't deserve Alexia, I agree.

He deserves the world.

Anyways, I hope you guys loved it! Don't forget to vote and comment as it shows me that you enjoy my work and it motivates me hearing from you guys🥰 Bye my loves see you in the next chapter