12. New Recruit

B U C K Y

Did Steve just really call me for a fucking meeting with Nick Fury?? Did he really interrupt my time with Alexia for one hell of a meeting??

I think as I walk through the familiar walls of the Avengers compound. Entering and seeing the whole team there. Thor, Loki-- I don't know what's going on about that. Wanda, Clint, Vision, Bruce, Rhodey, Peter, Tony, Sam, Steve, and Scott. And some of the Guardians on a hologram, who I recognize as Peter Quill, Nebula, and Rocket. That motherfucking rodent who tried to steal the metal arm while I was sleeping... 

 Including Maria Hill and Phil Coulson. Steve told me Coulson died in 2012 but he came back again by- what was it again? He said he got revived by some sort of island. I think? I didn't really listen to him at that time. 

"Sergeant Barnes" The pirate nods to me. Get it? Pirate cause of his eye patc-- Never mind.  "Please, take a seat Mister Tardy" I internally roll my eyes at the nickname. The only reason I am late to these meetings is because I'm always the last one they call. I take the last available seat. The one between Wilson and Stark. Oh, great! This is gonna be amazing!

Sense the sarcasm?

As I sit down The Pigeon speaks and this time I actually roll my eyes. "Heya Mister Tardy, you look like you got a lot on your mind. What's going on in that big cyborg brain of yours?" Wow haha. This guy is so funny haha. Again, sense the sarcasm?

"It's computing" He chuckles at my response

"You know what, I can actually see it. I can see the gears turning" 

"Oh! They're malfunctioning, shutting down."

"Yep. They're on fire" he adds. Does this man ever stop?

"Yeah so if you guys can let us know when you're done with your lovers bickering. Maybe we can start" Tony shrugs, his tone dripping with sarcasm

Nick clears his throat before speaking up, "So now that we're all here, I've got some news for all of you," he glances at me. It's not my fault I'm late.

"So we'll be adding a new member to the team, she's powerful, very. But that depends on whether she agrees, but seeing her circumstances, she will." 

She? 

"She? A woman?" Wanda speaks my thoughts, her eyes showing hope, hope of having another woman on the team. About damn time. "Yeah, for now we'll keep her identity confidential, just  until you kids meet her."

"Agent Ryder, another one of our SHEILD agents, will temporarily be staying at the Compound to accompany our new recruit, she has seemed to have established a friendship between them,"

"She'll also be helpful in training her, along with Maximoff." Fury nods to the auburn-haired woman across me. "Wanda? Does she have powers?" Says Steve

"Yeah, she's a lot like Jack Frost, not including the staff, that's the mischief guy's thing." He smirks referring to Loki who is 2 seats beside me.

"She's a nice girl, got nice hair too, is fun manipulation also excluded?" he chuckles at the end of his sentence. Having a file in his hands, which seems to be the new recruits file as it was immediately snatched from his hands by none other than Maria Hill. "'You we're not supposed to see that." Fury glared daggers at Tony.

"She'll be going on a jet from here, in Manhattan, to the Headquarters back in DC." he says "The first few days we'll be giving her a briefing, everything she needs to know, that even you guys don't. If she agrees, which I know she will, we'll introduce you to her."