Chapter 2 - Exceptions

As the carriage reached to their destination, Calian couldn't help but look through the window as he noticed the castle in a much closer look. A place she so desperately warned him to never get close to is now within his reach and will be where he'll stay within the coming seasons. Noticing the grand stone walls that surrounded the castle, the boy's ears perk out from the hair that hid them, Calian's eyes widened at the scale of the place and the environment he will soon venture. Which brought him back to his senses, his purpose on being here. Right now he should've been torn to pieces as he thought to himself. Calian's suspicion on how his existance to these people seemed priceless and something to be hold, to Mother Miranda that is. Looking back on Mother Miranda, Calian remembered the exact feeling he had towards the head figure. He felt as if he was choking and the instinct was to run away cried inside him, but he couldn't. His feet just stood still as much as he tried to force himself to move. It was different than when he apprehended the intruders a his home, Calian knew that he had his environment to help him attack the intruders. But when face to face with Mother Miranda, it felt like he was the intruder, intruding her home.

The constant stir of emotions in Calian started to make his wounds and bruises on the side of his body to ache much more. The bleeding may have already stopped thanks to the man with the hammer, but it's still not making his situation better. The thunderous and erattic aches of the cuts and bruises on his sides prevents him from even trying to breath slowly, which in his current situation among the other wounds that he has also recently gained, now leaves him at a greater disadvantage if he were to get in another fight. The option however to let it loose can also possibly get him killed since Calian may not be able to hold himself back even if he was at a weakly dire state. So as of right now, the best choices is to just survive without causing trouble.

"You....have..daughters?" Calian asked the tall lady.
The lady glared down at him in response to his question. Seeing the curiosity in the boy's eyes and due to the situation she is stuck, she will need to comply in order to not dissapoint Miranda. Even still, she will also keep her distance with Calian in case he might use her daughters against her.
"I do," Alcina answers. "However, my daughters are nothing to be trifled with. They may be close to your stature, but they are superior to you in every single way."
"I bet," Calian remarked.
Alcina scoffs at his retort, "It seems you understand how to use sarcasm."
"Tell me," the tall lady straightens her posture, "Where did you learn to speak like this boy?"
"Books.....and music," Calian answered.
"And where by any chance did you get your books and music?" Alcina followed with another question.

A small silence came just before Calian's answer to the Lady's question, "I just....had them....for as long as I can remember."

Alcina deduced that as much as she would like to admit, the boy is smart. From what Heisenberg had reported, the outsiders where taken care off and it seemed like they may have ran into the boy's territory. What Heisenberg found was a wooden house that was capable of being lived in finding materials that were used for survival, as well as finding an electronic device that was capable of playing music with an odd tune to it. Which would then mean the boy is an outsider, or perhaps have stolen it from an outsider. Also pointing out how there were also a chest filled with books ,which based on what Calian claimed on his knowledge and speaking capabilities, Alcina is inclined to believe. As the carriage drove much closer to the castle, the portcullis ascended allowing the carriage to enter and traverse from the other side of the walls. From here, Calian is now in alien territory.

The carriage stops and looking outside through the window, Calian notices a group of women that await them seemingly from what he has read from one of his books are referred to as 'maids'. She told him about maids once, even telling Callian that she used to be one. Detailing that maids wore a black dress and a white apron that pretty much do home labour other than hunting, which to Calian seemed odd. If you can carry heavy items and cook with fire, why can't you hunt? Eventually, to Calian it just came down to the maids not wanting to get their outfits dirty. Snapping out of his thoughts, the carriage door opens and the maids lower their heads to greet the tall lady.