Chapter 3 - Cold Blooded

"The young man is valuable, simple as that," Mother Miranda stated flipping through the pages of a large book right in front of her.
"Mother Miranda, you must understand," Alcina complained, "We do not know who this boy is, let alone how 'he' even came about living near the Beneviento Estate!"
"Which is exactly why I expect you to take care of the boy for me," Miranda closes her book as dust scatters into the air, "If I gave him to Heisenberg, he will indeed test the boy's capability. However, I do not want him to be a brute. Everyone saw how every Lycan in the room lowered themselves, the young man is practically an alien to a world he was born into. From the way the boy defied me and fought against those lycans, I can tell that he is smart enough to had been prepared for this. Sharpen his mind, polish his will, for the boy is capable of greatness."
"Even so," Alcina gritted her teeth, "If the boy is to be treated with care, do you not think he will use it against us?"
"He won't," Miranda smiled turning around towards Alcina, "House Dimitrescu is feared and rightfully so, and I am expecting you my daughter, to instill it as you have, especially on the boy."
Mirandas' words shot through Alcina like an arrow, a test to the might of her name and her rule. To be tasked with harnessing the strangers' capabilities and to keep the boy in line in case of any signs of revolting against her and her family. It is only expected of a house as powerful as Dimitrescu to handle such a task. For this maybe another chance for Alcina to prove that she is actually capable of being the best out of the four of her siblings. To only let the love of her family and her daughters be the ones that can shape her, not some poor miserable maiden. She will never mistake it for weakness, and it will never make her bleed.

"The boy will be in careful hands," Alcina declared, "I assure you Mother Miranda."

The golden light began to set as the mountain began to cover the sun. Alcina sat in front of her behind her desk as she huffed from the lit pipe slowly and with ease. The day shouldn't have felt this long, finding out that there have been outsiders sighted near the village, let alone ones that carried weapons that seemed more advanced since the great wars that affected Europe. To top it all off, finding out about the man-thing-lycan abomination that none of them ever even knew had resided near the village is now Mother Miranda's next test subject that is to be treated with the upmost respect. Pulling away from the pipe, Alcina exhales as the smoke escaped through her lips scattering and dissipating into the room. Silence echoed in the room as the light from the sun hides behind the collosal height of the mountain. The silence came to an abrupt halt when Alcina hears the arguing between two of her daughters as they walk into the room berating with their boistrous volume killing the silence that started to soothe her mind.

"You should've cut his head off," berated the black haired girl.
"You imbecile, Cassandra," Bela stood straight raising her chin and looking down at the girl, "Mother brought the lycan into our house so of course I didn't kill him."
"You are not fooling me with that since you had your sickle on his throat," Cassandra growled at her sister.
"Now, now daughters," Alcina interrupted without facing them, "Is the boy ready to talk."
"Right behind us, Mother," Cassandra groaned as the rythmic skipping of her feet and giggling contrasted with the soft steps of Calian made its way into the room.
Daniela spun around Calian swaying her hands and constantly touching Calian all over. In response to Danielas' energetic yet uncomfortable behaviour, Calian closes his shoulders in annoyance from the touching and sneering at Daniela which in return makes her laugh even more.

"Mother look," Daniela smiled wide, "Doesn't he look lovely, the man-thing even has his hair braided."
"Very much so, Daniela," Alcina stood up from her chair still facing the window, "So please, keep your hands to yourself."
"Yes, Mother," Daniela obliged as she moved herself away from Calian and right next to the blonde.
"Now, boy," She declares, "For the following days to come, you are to be disciplined. Any further, attempts of escape will be futile as in Mother Mirandas' request to keep you in my care, I will not weaken my hold. Meaning that every exit within the castle will be nothing to compared the fury of House Dimitrescu. Which I suppose, you dare not to test. Do you understand?"
Calian scorned at her might, knowing that the daughters will be watching over him in his stay and for whatever possible threat Alcina alone can impose, it will certainly be a risk he is not willing to take. Even understanding that there may be monsters like her inside or outside the village expecting him to leave may as well pose a threat, but understanding what the Ladies can do, there will be more surprises he is not willing to find out.