𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲.

𝗔𝗰𝘁 𝘁𝘄𝗼, 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻.

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆.

Season four, episode six:

The Doctor's Daughter- Part Three.

- ~ -

"Spread out!" Cobb yelled out as his army burst down the hallway, guns at the ready. Donna guided Jenny away swiftly, earning a nod of appreciation from Lynnette as she and the Doctor stood together, darkened gazes falling on the man.

The Doctor was stiff, unmoving as he stated his harsh words, "I warned you, Cobb. If the Source is a weapon, I will make sure you never use it."

Lynnette flashed a smile, teeth bared, "You'll find I'm very good at breaking things that get in my way."

Cobb glared, lifting his sleek gun without hesitation, "People are going to die today and It isn't going to be me."

Lynnette snorted as she yanked the Doctor to the side, a sort of delight in her chest. His confidence would soon take a hit he wouldn't be able to recover from and that was going to be beautiful.

The Doctor tapped methodically on her hand, fingers drawing circles and dots and many other configurations that she could only guess to be Gallifreyan.  Sympathy stretched across her. There had only been one time when he'd regressed back to speaking only his native language. It was during the night when the weight of killing the Master had truly settled in. She didn't want that to happen again.

As they walked further down the winding maze, drawing closer to the source with every second, Jenny began to ask every question under the Sun. Her curiosity was only comparable to the Doctor's, as was her desire to know everything there was.

"So you travel together with them?" Jenny inquired, bouncing on her feet as she walked.

Donna nodded, "Yeah. They took me away one day and I've been adventuring with them ever since."

"And what's that like, the travelling?" She tilted her head, eyes glimmering.

"Never a dull moment," Donna smiled wistfully, "Can be terrifying, brilliant and funny - sometimes all at the same time. I've seen some amazing things though. Whole new worlds."

"Oh, I'd love to see new worlds," Jenny spoke softly as if the idea was a mere fantasy.

"You will. Won't she, you two?" Donna directed the question to the pair.

For Lynnette, the answer was simple. Yes, she would. But she was not the one who'd lost her children and grandchildren in war and strife and a pitiful struggle for peace, she didn't carry the same scars as the Doctor.