My Girlfriend (Karina)

College fluff, blonde Karina coming over and playing with your cat, but you get jealous at some point because it seems like she came for the cat and not the person.

___

FINALLY !

Getting back home was never more satisfying than when the exam period just ended.

I let myself drop on the couch after taking off my shoes and washing my hands.

"Meow."

That was Yuji, the cat I adopted back when I started college. I always wanted one but back at my parents' place, the latter were allergic to fur, so here I am.

Yuji was a cute little male. I never got to know his breed since he comes from a shelter, but I heard he was mixed. His fur was pitch dark but the contrast with his large grey eyes was beautiful.

He welcomed me by sitting on the couch too, on my left side. Idly, I text my girlfriend about the end of the exams. She only replied that she's coming over.

I almost fell asleep next to Yuji when I heard a knock on the door. It was a way for her to warn me she's coming in with the spare key she had.

I stretched myself to wake the drowsiness out before standing up in the middle of the small living room that leads directly to the corridor where she was.

My place was small but I'd say cosy. We decorated it together since I had some ideas but she has a better eye than me for these things. As expected, she knew what I liked and helped pick the furniture when I moved in. She often comes to hang out and bring some happiness in this little place I'd call mine. That's how much I love having her over. She's like a little bright light in the calm dark I shared with Yuji. Who I named after her and she probably knows it even though I never explicitly said it. We were high school sweethearts after all, she stayed by my side for quite a time now. And I still love her as much as I did when we started our relationship. There's nothing in the world that would take the apple of my eye out of my life. At least I wouldn't let it happen. She was the prettiest gem in my life, probably the best fuel to make my body alive.

But it's just little things like seeing her figure taking off her shoes, until her blonde hair fell back down straight when she raised her face. She engulfed my empty lungs with a single look and I only had one word to describe that sensation. I missed her.

I missed her so much that when she came running towards me I had to open my arms wide to take her in. She was giggling so much that we almost fell backwards.

We stayed like that for a moment, I was brushing her hair slowly with my fingers while she was digging deeper in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you."

Hearing her whisper sent me chills down my spine, but in a nice way. I smiled, relaxing in her touch.

"Me too, I missed you so much Rina."

"Meow."

Yuji was calling our attention from the couch when Rina walked to him, showering him with kisses.

"I missed you too Yuji~"

I couldn't help but chuckle at her silliness. She's too cute that sometimes I forget she's our school's student council president.

"Are you staying over tonight ?"

I asked, walking to the kitchen to drink some water before cooking tonight's dinner.

She nodded, patting the cat's belly as he relaxed into her touch. She makes everyone comfortable, that's just how she is.

"What do you want for dinner ?"