Christmas Night (Jiminjeong)

Just Jimin taking Minjeong at the bar because it's fun, on a Christmas night.

"Won't your parents say anything ? Seeing you drink on Christmas day instead of spending it with them ?"

"So we should keep it a secret." She said while the corners of her lips went upwards.

__

Omniscient pov

Today was Christmas day. After a long day of work, Jimin invited Minjeong to hang out together. They were what you can call best friends. But it wasn't just platonic bestest of best friends like Aeri was to Jimin. Nor partners in crime best friends like Yizhuo was to Minjeong. It was their own definition of best friends which was nowhere close to the common definition.

They always took care of each other and teased each other, sure. But what about the giddiness Minjeong felt by their proximity ? What about the blush that creeps on Jimin's face when they are caught having fun in their own world until someone points it out ?

Again they were comfortable with what they had anyway. No one could really change that.

"Where are we going ?"

The puppy-like, younger girl said while rubbing her hands together to then blow hot air on them. The taller, unemphasized, leads her with a smile to a small building.

"Do you remember the last time we went out to drink ?"

Jimin chuckled at the memory.

"We even got in the wrong bar because of a silly mistake. But well here we finally are !"

Minjeong slowly looked at her in realisation. It's true they promised to go to that popular bar to drink together at least once in their lives. But never did she expect it to be on Christmas. They probably looked like high schoolers seeing how happy they were to step inside of that cosy place, she thinks.

The bar was lit by dim lights, a single bartender behind the counter and soft music playing in the background. The sparkles in their eyes were justified. The ambiance was amazing as the furniture was modern yet with a mix of dark academia woodiness. The bottles of alcohol standing proudly, aligned one by one behind that counter was the only colourful thing in that room.

"Did you book the whole bar again ?!"

The brunette frowned at the older, remembering their last time at a bar. Some might call it best friend premium, but Jimin loved to surprise the younger. She says it's because her reactions are very entertaining (mind you she's just whipped).

"I wouldn't want us to get caught drinking on Christmas, would I ?"

The raven haired took Minjeong's hand and sat together at a side of the counter to be able to talk without feeling overheard by the bartender. They both started with some whiskey and beer just how they like it. While taking her first sip, Jimin engages in small talk.

"Today was soooo exhausting, I can't believe we are working on December 25th !"

The short haired girl just smiles at her statement, starting to relax as she is with the one person that makes her mind at its most peaceful state. She didn't plan on celebrating Christmas with her family in any way. On the other hand, she was more worried about her seatmate's situation.

"Jimin, how come you are not celebrating with your family this year ?"

"I didn't want to."

"Won't your parents say anything ? Seeing you drink on Christmas day instead of spending it with them ?"

"So we should keep it a secret." She said while the corners of her lips went upwards.

__

Minjeong's pov

She took another gulp, bottoming her cup. If I wasn't worried about her parents calling on her tonight, I would have stared longer at the movement her neck was so prone to doing while swallowing that whiskey. But even so, I felt my cheeks burn up. It's the drink, I tell myself.

"I went to the church yesterday with them anyway, I think it should be fine."

Her nonchalant tone took me off guard. She isn't usually like this, maybe the alcohol was starting to get her. I tried to change subjects.

"This place is so nice, I'm glad we finally got the opportunity to drink here !"

"I did a great job, didn't I hehe."

I feel her head on my shoulder, her fingers playing with the empty cup. I let my own face relax on top of hers, slowly closing my eyes.

"Sleepy ?"

I could only hum at her voice. Now that I think back, this year was quite eventful. We spent lots and lots of time together, laughing, crying, even being cold to each other sometimes. But in the end I was never more grateful than to meet Jimin and befriend her. She is someone I don't think I can live without. I always followed her as she knew better than me in the new environment we were put in.

I took another sip of my whiskey when I heard her moving. She sat back straight to ask for a new glass herself. I anticipated my next glass and got it prepared at the same time as hers.

"This one is quite strong though, will you be alright ?"

I nodded until she cracked a pretty smile at me. She knows how much of a lightweight I am, but always makes sure I am accompanied or feeling safe to drink. Just like right now, the bar being empty helps me to feel much comfortable in drinking without feeling eyes on me.

I remember drinking two more glasses before my memory couldn't catch up anymore.

__

Jimin's pov

It was already quite late, I can tell the bar was soon to be closed since the bartender was whipping every surface he could to wait for us to finish. Minjeong had her face on the counter, visibly fast asleep.

"Minjeong-ah... Let's move."

She raised her body so fast I was scared she would fall backward but she didn't. Instead, she sleepily blinked, spacing out. At least she was conscious I guess. I paid for the tab and got down the seat when the little puppy didn't move an inch.

"Hey Minjeong, let's prepare, we have to go."

I tried to convince her as gently as I could, scared of her reaction in breaking her trance. She robotically wore her jacket and took her belongings but didn't seem to get down.

"Is something wron-"

"Carry me~~"

My eyes opened wide at her request. She was whining so cutely I couldn't hide the smile on my face, staring at her.

I turned back, showing her my back for her to lay. And that's what she did. Her arms automatically wrapped around my neck as I was stabilising her on my back. I bid good night to the bartender, with a sleepy head on my back.

The walk to the main road was quiet, only her cute breathing next to my ear was keeping me company. After calling a taxi, putting her in the back seat was another challenge. She didn't want to get down and just clung into my arm during the whole ride. Was she always this clingy when drunk ? Yes and no. She usually becomes more of a people person but never clung so hard unto me before. As she slept so cutely beside me, all wrapped up like a Christmas gift but with clothes, I had to speak my mind.

"I love you." I lowly whisper to her while stroking her hair, looking at her peacefully sleeping next to me. Thank you for spending Christmas with me this year Minjeong. I love you.

__

1230 words.

Author's Note

Merry Christmas for those who celebrate, some fluff Jiminjeong to end it the double update nicely ! See you for the next update !