Middle of Nowhere

March 19, Year 378 in the time of the realm of humanity.

A young beautiful girl lay on top of the grass near a river. Her chestnut hair reflected the sunlight while her hazel eyes remained to be seen. Who is she you ask? Her name is Asuna, commonly known as Lightning Flash due to her amazing speed in combat. Asuna was one of the key players in the infamous death game "Sword Art Online" where thousands were trapped and forced to survive with many dying. Thanks to her efforts along with The Black Swordsman who she preferably calls "Kirito" they were able to clear the game and help the remaining players leave the death game which changed their lives.

 When she opened her eyes, she was greeted with the morning light of the sun. Asuna covered her eyes in response to the sudden brightness. The girl was lost and puzzled. She slowly sat upright taking in the sounds of her surroundings.

 Looking around, Asuna had no clue of where she was currently. Asuna seemed to be in a forest but none that she herself recognizes. She was confused, how did she end up in a random forest in the middle of nowhere? Asuna noted the lack of towering buildings which meant that she was in a remote area away from Tokyo or any other city.

'What am I doing here and where am I?' She asked internally.

'I remember meeting up with Kirito and Sinon at Agil's but why can't I remember what happened next?' Asuna clutched her head hoping that it would ease her headache caused by the action of recalling her memories.

Asuna could only sigh in defeat, standing up.She looked at herself, noting her attire. She was wearing a short-sleeved, white tunic with irregular texture, hand-sewn threads on the cuffs, and a V-shape cut on the chest, tied with a dark red cord, and a red miniskirt similar to her first look in SAO. Asuna was able to note the fact that the fabric she was wearing felt too realistic. It was as if it was real.

Based on her clothing it was way out of style to be in the modern world.

'Am I in a Virtual World?' Asuna asked herself. She attempted to log out. Swiping her right arm with her index finger, she tried her other arm but to no avail. Asuna tried again by yelling "command!". However, just like her previous attempts nothing happened. She tried to log out again via using her index finger, no menu or anything out of the ordinary happened. 

As she was holding out her finger, a golden butterfly landed on it. Asuna brought her face closer to her hand inspecting the creature while being mesmerised by its beauty.

'It's too realistic' she thought while the butterfly flew away.

'Am I in a dream?' Eyes widening, a sudden memory occurred to Asuna.

Flashback

Dicey Cafe

"Hello!" Asuna happily greeted her two acquaintances as she entered the cafe, Kirito stammered her name while Sinon greeted back with a cheerful smile.

They first talked about BoB and  Kirito's heart monitor, to which Sinon was not going to lie about. Asuna was a bit weird at times. 

"By the way Kirito, what's this new job of   yours?" Sinon asked out of the blue, which also caught Asuna's interest.

"Is it another VRMMO (Virtual Reality Massive Multiplayer Online) game?" Sinon predicted, after all, Kirito was also one of the few first beta testers to experience VRMMO's.

"You're right, though instead of a game it's a brain-interface FullDive system, it's currently being developed by a company called RATH" Kirito answered.

“I’ve never heard of that company.” Sinon openly stated.

“That's the name of an imaginary creature that appears in Through the Looking-Glass.” Asuna said, “Some say it's a pig, while others say it's a turtle.”