𝒮𝑒𝓇𝑒𝓃𝒹𝒾𝓅𝒾𝓉𝓎

Ring ring ring...

I frown and start to twist around, stretching my whole body out under these warm covers.

Ring ring ring...

Sighing, I slowly open my eyes, a strip of a sun ray passing through the curtain illuminated the room enough that I could see everything around me. A small smile appeared on my lips while  remembering the events yesterday. I finally have a home...

Ring ring ring...

Hearing the phone ring another time, I finally throw the covers off of me, snatching the warmth off of my body as well. I get up and grab the phone, putting it next to my ear, "Yes, hello?" I ask groggily with a deep, raspy voice, probably sounding still asleep.

"Good morning Ms. Cheng! Please get ready, you'll have a meeting today at 10:00, and please have some breakfast. There's a buffet in the dining hall of the building, you can take as much as you'd like. Please meet me at the building's entrance at 8:30. Thank you and see you soon."

Before I could even utter a word out, the other line was cut off, a series of beeps lingered until I put the phone down, which signalled that the person had hung up. I shrug it off and skipped to the walking closet to pick an outfit for today; grey sweatpants, plain white oversized T-shirt and a forest green zip-up hoodie.

I wash myself, brush my teeth and wear my very long and untameable hair in a low, messy bun. I also decided to wear a black cap and mask, completing my comfy-street look that I wanted to achieve.

Leaving the room, I take the special card and speed down the hallway, trying to find the dining hall to have breakfast in. The dining hall is very spacious, several round tables with beige tablecloths are scattered around the room asymmetrically like splatters of paint on a canvas.

I notice that there are not a lot of people, just some staff members and four to five individuals eating by themselves. After being hesitant and socially anxious, I decide to go to the buffet, getting a small bowl of hot noodles, with a plate of dumplings and a side of sweet red-bean buns.

I ate as much food as I possibly could until my stomach was finally satisfied, as I had forgotten to eat dinner last night because of exhaustion. By now, the plates are shining like no food had ever touched them. I caress my round belly with a happy grin, I am completely full.

I check the time on the wall clock above the dining hall's entrance, it is 8:28. I quickly get up and sprint down the hallway to the building's entrance to go meet Mr. Wu like planned.

Of course, once I arrive, that man was there, wearing a professional formal suit with a black clipboard in his hands. I wave at him, getting closer to talk, "Good morning Mr. Wu! Love the outfit today."

He playfully chuckles and responds, "Thank you Ms. Cheng. I like yours too." I nod appreciatively and give a quick bow.

"So, we have a lot of things planned before the meeting," The male shuffles through the papers pinned on the clipboard, "Today we have to visit the hairstylist, the nail salon and finally the beauty salon."

My eyes widen as he listed the places, I am absolutely not ready for all of this... "We actually have to leave right now for your first appointment. Let's go."Mr. Wu exclaims as he leaves, going to the car parked right outside. 

I follow, jogging a bit and sit inside the familiar car. During the ride, we talked about my new artist name, Mr. Wu was very happy with the outcome and liked it. We sped through the roads and stopped at a luxurious looking shop. A huge blue neon sign saying Hair Salon, shone in the morning sunlight as we enter.