Chapter 4: A New Name and Unexpected Conversations

"Mom, seriously, I can't wear this." Aarav's voice wavered with a hint of frustration as she stood in front of her mother's beaming smile.

His mother, Seema, held up a dress that was undeniably feminine, a gentle blush color that seemed to glow under the department store's lights. "But it's lovely, dear. And you know what they say, you have to embrace change."

Aarav scowled playfully. "I was a coder, not a fashion model."

Arjun, her younger brother, who had been perusing a rack of jeans, turned and raised an eyebrow. "You're starting to look the part though, sis."

He rolled his eyes. "Thanks, Arjun."

Seema nudged Arjun with a conspiratorial smile. "You know, we're helping Aarav discover a whole new identity, and I think it's time for a new name too."

Arjun's eyes lit up, and he leaned in closer. "Yeah, that's a great idea! We could brainstorm and come up with something that suits her."

Aarav stared at them both, a mixture of surprise and amusement. "Wait, are you serious?"

Seema nodded, her gaze affectionate. "Absolutely. This is a chance for you to embrace your new self fully."

Aarav chuckled, shaking her head. "Alright, I'm open to suggestions."

As they continued shopping, Aarav's family playfully tossed out a range of names—some serious, some comical, all in an effort to capture her essence. The clothes piled up—dresses, blouses, skirts—all reflecting the colors of this new phase of her life.

"Hey, how about Aanya?" Arjun suggested suddenly.

Aarav raised an eyebrow. "Aanya? Where did that come from?"

Seema smiled at her son's suggestion. "It's a lovely name, isn't it? A fresh start, just like the journey you're on."

Aarav considered it, letting the name roll off her tongue. "Aanya... It's different, I'll give you that."

Seema, "Aanya it is then. Let's see"

With the new name, the reality dawned upon Aarav again that he is no more a he but she.

As her mother moved to pay for the clothes, Arjun leaned in and whispered, "You'll be passing these clothes down to me, just like in childhood."

Aanya grinned, a flicker of her former self emerging. "Yeah, and you'll still spill juice all over them, won't you?"

Arjun smirked. "Can't make any promises."

When they arrived home, Aanya held the new clothes in her hands, feeling a mix of anticipation and unease. She looked at herself in the mirror, trying to see beyond the external changes and understand the person she was becoming.

Seema entered the room, a thoughtful expression on her face. "Aarav, I've been thinking. With this new phase of your life, I think Aanya suits you perfectly."

Aanya's heart skipped a beat. She hadn't considered this aspect of her transformation. She looked at herself, her reflection staring back with a mix of uncertainty and hope. "Maybe... I mean, I haven't thought about it."

Her mother smiled warmly. "Take your time, dear. When you're ready, we'll support whatever decision you make."

Days turned into weeks, and Aanya continued to take her medications diligently. As the hormones worked their magic, her appearance underwent further changes. She has grown her own set of boobs that must be supported by a bra, her belly loosing a lot of fat making her look slim, the fat seems to transfer to her hips as they widens and her height reducing. Just Joking, no medication can increase or decrease your height, so stay away from such scams. It was as if she was observing herself transform into someone new, and yet, strangely familiar.

Each day brought a mix of emotions, but as shenavigated the complexities of her altered identity, one thing became clear:change was inevitable, and embracing it was her only choice.