Chapter 3: The Mysterious Weirdo

The storm outside raged on and with it brought a foreboding sense of dread that accompanied the recent disappearance of one Will Byers within the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.

After having discovered the mystery girl in the woods, Mike and company found it best for all of them to get her and themselves out of the rain and figure out their next move indoors, although Laura didn't agree nor care for the decision and desired to keep searching for Will, but she abstained from doing so due to the weather conditions most likely dampening any scent or trail she would attempt to track.

Now here they were, Laura, Mike, Dustin, and Lucas standing before the mystery girl as she sat on the couch whilst taking some form of comfort within Laura's jacket.

The young girl looked to be around their age with pretty features, Caucasian skin, brown eyes and short brown hair that was in the process of growing back after seemingly being shaved off. Her outfit left much to be desired since she was simply wearing a yellow oversized T-Shirt and now Laura's jacket was an addition to it.

 Her outfit left much to be desired since she was simply wearing a yellow oversized T-Shirt and now Laura's jacket was an addition to it

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked in concern.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin asked.

"Did you run away?" Lucas asked.

The girl looked at each one of them as they threw a question at her then looked at Laura and wondered if she would also ask her something, but Laura just quirked an eyebrow at her with her arms folded.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike asked.

"Is that blood?" Lucas asked as he leaned closer to touch her, but Mike slapped his hand away.

"Stop it! You're freaking her out!" Mike exclaimed.

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas exclaimed.

"I bet she's deaf." Dustin suggested and he clapped his hands at the girls to which she flinched back at, deconstructing his theory, "Not deaf."

Laura rolled her eyes at them and stepped up to the girl and pushed her left hand on the side of the couch near the girl's head. The two maintained eye contact that contrasted one another, Laura's being intimidating and confrontational while the girl seemed scared and wary of Laura.

"Where is Will?" Laura asked.

It could've been a coincidence, but the fact that Will had disappeared off the face of the earth and this strange newcomer popped up was questionable and the longer he was missing, the more Laura was on edge.

The girl didn't respond and just stared up at Laura fearfully, not only confused, but feeling frightened as if she was staring down a predator that would pounce on her at any minute.

"Hey, Laura, c'mon, you're scaring her more than she already is." Mike said, grabbing her shoulder and trying to pull her back, but she wouldn't budge.

Laura ignored him and continued to stare into the girl's eyes, letting out a silent scoff as she pulled back and stepped away from her.