Chapter Two - Where are we?

Louella's P.O.V

Fuck it feels so cold it feels like I was sent to the North Pole with just thin underwear.

I heard a phone ring as I forced my eyes to open, my eyes blurred for a bit as I fully opened them and my head hurt a lot. My eyes widened as I remembered what I happened. I looked for Ethan I turned left and right but there was another guy his hand shielding the ringing phone but I ignored him and the phone ringing. I saw Ethan lying on the snow, I ran up to Ethan's unconscious body and kneeled beside him as I ignored the annoying phone ring.

"Ethan!" I shouted as I shook him quite aggressively but that didn't wake him up. I got annoyed and I took a deep breath.

"Ethan Winters!" I shouted as loud as I could just to wake him up and I shook him more harshly. He quickly sat up and looked at me.

"What the fuck?" His hands flew to his head as he groaned, he was panting hard then his eyes widened as he stood up clearly remembering what happened at his house.

"Where the fuck is Rose!?" He shook me as I looked at him. "How the fuck should I know!?" I answered back as he looked around at our surroundings then his eyes slightly widened at the other unconscious man.

He looked at the phone that was shielded and then he crawled to the man, his hand reached for the man's hand then he moved the man's gloved hands to the side and he picked up the phone and pressed the green button. He put the call on speaker so I could hear who was the person on the other line and what were they gonna say.

"About time! What's your status? Is the package safe?" A manly voice spoke on the voice as I got confused. I looked at Ethan with my brow arched.

"What are you talking about? Where's Chris Redfield, and Rose?" He pants out.

"Who is this? This is a secure channel. You're not authorized to use this." I got more confused as Ethan won't stop panting. We both shivered at the cold.

We didn't hear a voice on the phone as Ethan looked at it. They ended the call.

"Fuck." He cursed as I sighed both of us stood up and we looked around our surroundings, the place was messy and a car tilted on its side, I assume we had a car crash.

"What the hell happened here?" Ethan looked around the place as I also looked around.

"I don't know."

"I didn't ask you did I?"

I rolled my eyes and he pulled out a flashlight from his pocket. Thank god, it was dark here and I didn't like this eerie place.

He turned on the flashlight as we started to walk and I followed Ethan wherever he what way he was going.

I followed Ethan as there were footprints left on the snow. I shivered from the intense cold.

Every angle I look into it makes me just want to run away and kill myself but I'm doing this for Rose.

While we were walking a sudden crow flew past near my face then I shrieked.

"Holy shit! What the fuck was that!?" I yelled as Ethan looked back at me.

"It was a crow you pussy." I rolled my eyes at him as I lightly kicked him on his ass.

"Ow! What was that for!?" Ethan turned around facing me as the flashlight was pointing at my face now.

"Can you please not point the light at my face? I'm going to see my deceased grandad." There was a brach on my face as I pushed it up with my arm and glared at him.

His back facing me then I rolled my eyes behind his back.

With every step we took there was blood on the snow with dead crows and the crows were hanging on the tree with blood on their bodies their body was also cut open. I shivered at every crow I looked at as I hurried up and gulped.

I turned around to see if someone was watching us since I felt we were being watched but unfortunately, there wasn't any heartbeat.

I turned my head back around as I heard water flow indicating there must be a river nearby.

And there was.

There was a little wooden bridge, Ethan and I walked to get to the other side of the bridge.

We walked for a minute until we saw a wooden cabin. Ethan approached as I followed him behind. He pushed it open and we didn't see anything from the darkness.

We both got in and he pointed the light at random spots of the house.

There were kinds of stuff in the cabin and both of us looked at each other and nodded. We searched every corner of the cabin if there was anything useful for the both of us to survive. Unfortunately, we did not as we headed to another part of the cabin the light pointed at the floor and there was blood as I scratched my neck nervously.

We turned to our right and I think there was a basement, Ethan and I looked at each other as I headed downstairs first his light guiding me.

We both got to the bottom as we walked and turned right, there was a table and a chair with kinds of stuff on it. We continued to walk as there were more things and suddenly there was a small narrow path and there were a lot of cabinets, things and tables in the basement.

We kept walking and I saw a picture frame hiding the picture. I grabbed the frame and lifted it close to my face so I could see it.

It was a blonde woman with a crow mask and a fully black outfit with a little bit of gold colour. The woman in the picture was pretty as I showed it to Ethan.

"What?" He looked at me with a raised brow and looked at the woman in the frame. He looked at me knowing what my thoughts were.

"And?" He sassily said as I pinched his sides.

"What do you mean 'and?' Look at this gorgeous woman. I would love to make out with her." I joked and giggled to myself.

"I'm married remember?"

"My bad I forgot," I answered sarcastically and I put the frame back but put it up so the picture shows.

We walked again as the left corner of the basement had a lot of cardboard boxes. It was a mess.

We turned right and there was a cabinet. Ethan opened it and a mouse ran away as soon it was open Ethan gasped.

"It was a mouse you pussy." I mocked him and he punched me on my shoulders. I rubbed my shoulder with a groan after I giggled to myself.

We turned around and I heard a loud sound and dust falling off from our heads. We both looked up the floor was collapsing. We hurried up and went back to where we were earlier. We were faced with the stairs again and we quickly ran up. Before we could get away the cabinet fell to the side blocking the door, I groaned.

I was thinking of how to get out as Ethan quickly got down and crawled to the other side and I sighed. I followed what he did and there was blood on my hands from the bloody floor and probably my clothes as well.
After I got to the other side my hands were red from the blood and my clothes were slightly red too. And Ethan? He didn't care and his clothes were red like he killed someone.

"What did all this?" He looked at the almost human-like hole in the wall as there was a bit of light now, I was slightly relieved.

We both got out by the human-like wall and there was a fence surrounding it. We both jumped over it and went back to walking.

There was a slight uphill as both of us ran it and it was quite narrow.

As we ran and ran, it got narrow both of us ran it until Ethan stopped and I bumped into his back and I fell my ass falling on the snow.

"What the fuck, Ethan?" I groaned and quickly stood up from the coldness on my ass and rubbed off the snow on my pants.

I looked where he was looking with no trouble since I was taller than him.

A pulchritudinous castle he was looking at. It was ginormous from the distance. I'm sure it would look bigger up close. I looked at it amazed and It looked better in the snow and dark grey skies.

I sighed thinking about what happened today, both of us could've died today but we didn't. And what about today? Would we die or would we both be able to save Rose?