Chapter 6

With his beloved Yao gone and two brothers dead, Prince Tan is crazier than ever. He kills everyone that displeases his eyes. Because the prince killed many people's families, and the Emperor did nothing to stop the prince, the commonwealth, including the soldiers who serve the royalty, who also have many brothers being killed by the prince, secretly plan to get revenge.

One day, when Prince Tao is patrolling the streets, three men deliberately lure the prince away from the soldiers by leading the prince into the forest.

"Stop! The three of you!" Prince Tan yells, unaware that he is falling into a trap.

The three men stop in the middle of the forest. The prince jumps off the horse's back.

"Why did you run?" asks the prince. No one talks.

"I ask you," the prince growls, showing his sword. "Why did you run?"

Still no reply.

"Okay," the prince approaches the three men. "If none of you want to speak, fine. I will let all of you become mute for the rest of your lives."

Prince Tan walks forward. The three men stand there watching him.

Just as the prince is about to swing his sword at them, he feels himself falling.

"What on earth?" Prince Tan looks around him, but all he sees is dirt surrounding him.

The three men start pouring soil onto the prince.

"What are you doing? Don't you know who I am!" Prince Tan yells.

"We know who you are, Prince Tan," replies one of the men. "We know exactly who you are."

"Then get me out right now!"

"Sorry, your majesty, we can't," another replies.

"What? What do you mean 'We can't'?"

"Our family's souls, your citizens' souls, will not rest in peace until we avenge them," the third man says.

"You killed them without a reasonable reason. They did nothing wrong to you, but you took their lives."

The dirt has covered half of Prince Tan's body. Prince Tan starts to panic.

"Look, I'm sorry. What do you guys want? Money? Jewelry?"

"We want vengeance, your majesty," the three men say in one voice. "And your death is the best vengeance for all the souls you've taken."

More dirt is pouring in, and the height is at the prince's nose.

"I'm sorry," Prince Tan starts to cry. "I really am sorry. Please let me out."

"We're sorry, Your Majesty," one of the man replies.

"We really can't." say the three of them.

The last three shoves of soil are poured on the prince's head. Price Tan is buried alive.

***

Now, all three princes are dead because of the madness driven out of them by the death of one woman – Yao.