Captured

Bibi POV
Fifteen minutes had passed since we found out who my mother's kidnapped was, and Bull had already called the police.

But I still couldn't believe that it was Brawlywood's owner.

It was in black-and-white on the notebook, saying that Christopher was suspected to have stolen $15m from multiple film directors. My mother was kidnapped to prevent her from telling anyone else about this giant crime.

Soon enough, we heard sirens outside, coming nearer to our house. As Bull opened the door, we counted at least a hundred police officers and soldiers who had been activated.

"Please follow me. I'll bring you to Christopher Cavers' house," an officer named Robin instructed.

Soon, we were racing at high speed to Christopher's house, silently and stealthily. The mansion loomed in front of us, the moonlight reflected off its pristine, white walls. All the police cars stopped around a hundred metres from the mansion, hidden by the mass jungle around it.

Soon, I was going to be face-to-face with my mother's kidnapper. But I wasn't scared, because I had Sandy and my family by my side. I would knock his teeth off if I had to.

At least eighty police officers and soldiers took their place around the mansion, guarding all the entrances and exits in case the Brawlywood owner decided to make a run for it. The other twenty entered the house with us, silently walking down the hallways of the mansion. Soon, they found the butler sleeping peacefully in his room, and quickly gagged and handcuffed him. He was thrown out of the door, leaving the officers outside to bring him into the car. The last we saw of him was his trancelike state, right after one of the police had jabbed a sedative into his body.

The twenty police officers crept down the hallway with us trailing behind; finally we found Christopher's gigantic room. He, too, was lying on the bed and snoring loudly. But he wouldn't be for long. The police had handcuffed him before they shook him awake.

"Christopher Cavers, you are under arrest!" one of the police officers snarled.

The man jolted awake, denying, "I didn't do anything!"

"You did. We have evidence that you kidnapped a certain Mrs. Selené Retroma, as well as committed theft of at least $15m. You are coming with me," Officer Robin snatched his wrist. The man struggled and thrashed, trying to escape the woman's grip. But she was way too strong.

Soon, the sedated man had too been thrown into a police car with his butler, with ten police officers standing around the car in case the two woke up.

Seventy police officers then conducted an extensive search of the property, but it hadn't turned up anything much. Until noon.

Sandy and I were following five police officers as they explored the north wing of the building, where the entrance was.

It was then that Officer Robin noticed a tiny gap in the wall, certainly door shaped, as well as a keypad that looked like it needed fingerprint recognition. "Delta Team, head to Christopher and bring him into the north wing."

Soon, five police officers rushed past us and returned in a minute with the unconscious Christopher. Officer Robin continued to instruct the officers, "Gamma, Iota, Beta team, get to the north wing where Alpha team is."

Then she pressed the man's finger against the pad, opening the door with a soft click. The Delta team then returned to the police car, throwing the man in before rushing back to Officer Robin.

There were thirty police officers now standing in front of the doorway, along with Sandy, Bull, Pam, Jessie and I. My heart thumping furiously, I only calmed when Sandy held my hand, squeezing it to give me extra courage.

He really understands me...I thought dreamily.

But it was time to see whether my mother was still alive.

Ten police officers stood in front of us, ten behind. Another ten were standing guard at the door in case there was some sort of surprise attack. But there wasn't, and we went down a long spiral staircase that was dark and dingy, without any sign of life. But then we saw a dark shape lying at the bottom.

"Mom," I whispered. The shape wasn't moving, and perhaps not even breathing. Fearing the worst, I called, "Mom! Wake up! We're here to save you!"

But there was no response.

Until a sound broke the silence. A voice that I had never heard before, but was so familiar at the same time.

"Bibi?"