Hiding the truth

5 years later

I grabbed my dagger from my nightstand and jumped out of bed, I stretched as I tried to rub the sleep out of my eyes. The sun shone through my open window, I heard Kai and Lloyd arguing in the kitchen. I threw my dagger to the wall where I got stuck I cursed as I walked over to grab it, suddenly I heard a Nick on my door so I grabbed the dagger and stuffed it under my bed before I opened the door "hey Jay" Cole said smiling "oh hey Cole, wow what Miracle. I thought you would sleep till 10 am" I joked "oh shut up" he said punching my shoulder playfully "never!" I declared "well Zane said to let you know that breakfast is ready so come whenever your ready" he said. Wait... Was he blushing? Nah I must be imagining stuff.

I nodded and smiled as Cole went back to the kitchen. I closed the door and leta sigh of relief as I grabbed my dagger and gripped it tightly. I wonder what the would think of me if they found out I shook my head trying to get the thoughts out of my head, I put the dagger in its hiding spot as I grabbed some clothes. I slipped on some black jeans a white shirt and on top of that a dark blue jacket with stars on it. I put on some white shoes and walked out the door. I sat down in the kitchen next to a angry Kai and Lloyd.

"Apologies!" Lloyd said "never!" Kai said glaring "why you son of a-" Lloyd said nearly jumping on Kai "Lloyd! No swearing!" Nya said sitting down trying to get them to shut up "that's right greenie" Kai mocked. Nya slapped the back of Kai's head as she glared at him "you too Kai" "aw come on! I'm older!" "And stupider" Nya said, Kai gasped dramatically and turned away as I nearly chocked on my food trying not to laugh. Cole saw me and smirked, I stuck out my tongue at him and he laughed. When we finished breakfast I walked to the gaming room and flopped onto the couch, Cole and Kai came in a minute later. I was just about to turn on the tv when I got a call. "Hello?" I answered "hello Lightning! It's me Atlas we have a new mission for you downtown near the soup shop. A man named Wilson, he's a kidnapper. The address is ###### good luck Lightning"

I put the phone down and quickly turned to Cole and Kai, "I have to go I'll be right back maybe half an hour" "where you going?" Cole asked "just to... it's not important I'll be right back" I said as I grabbed my cellphone. "Uh ok we'll call you if something comes up" Kai said as I rushed to my room. I grabbed my dagger and scampered out the door. When I got to the Wilson guy's house I peaked through the window and saw him sitting on his couch with a cigarette in his mouth while bottles of alcohol surrounded him. I glared as I tried quietly to open the window, nothing. I tried the door, same thing. So it came to plan c

SMASH

The window shattered and small pieces of glass fell onto the floor. "Hello mister kidnapping scum,may I have the honor of taking your life?" I asked with a sweet smile as he quickly got up with a horrified expression on his face. He grabbed a bottle and threw it at me, i dodged with ease and quicker his chest. He toppled over into the kitchen cabinet, I grabbed my dagger and held it up to his neck. "Sorry not sorry!" I said as I k!lled him. I wiped of the blood that had splattered onto the floor and on me, after I disposed of the body I decided to take a quick check on the assassins HQ.

Time skip

When I got there I walked to where Atlas's office was, "hey lightning!" Artemis said as she passed by. I smiled and waved, I nocked on the office door. But nobody answered, I nocked again but same thing. I opened the door a tiny bit and peeked in, I noticed some movements from the back so I quietly creeped inside.

Nobody's pov

"William what are you doing?" Atlas said looking at his brother as William pointed a dagger at him "I'm doing what I should have done a long time ago" William barked back. I stood in the shadows, not knowing what to do. I felt paralyzed, Atlas turned his head towards me. He saw that I was there and gave me a look that said "stay right there, if you help it won't end well. For both of us" I nodded. Yet I couldn't watch, I reached out my hand again but Atlas glared. I knew he was just trying to protect me but I couldn't stand there and watch. I slipped back to the door and turned around one last time.

It will forever haunt me.

Atlas's dead body, blood all over him.

And William

Standing over him...

Smiling

Hello!
Hope you liked this chapter as much as I liked writing it! Sorry if it's not the best I'll try harder I promise

Well...

Ok then!

Bye!
-cat🦋