Chapter 3: Loss

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

Junko gets up from her bed and looks around the room. Her piercing eyes scanning around like an owl, searching for any inconsistencies among the consistent. Maybe it is an old habit. Maybe it is not.

A strand of black hair droops slightly over her royal purple eyes. She sighs lightly and pushes it back in position. She grabs the wig that is placed on the desk and walks to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror is the outfit that she is well accustomed to.

A deception.

A lie.

Deceit.

But if it was for her, she would destroy the world and do it again. Love is undeniably twisted in a sense. Undying loyalty to a specific person. Love is great. Love is destruction. Love is malleable.

But she pays it no mind. She wants to believe that she understands her. Looking the part, taking the name, and playing it should help, right? After all, she's the big sister, so looking out for her is important. Despair? Hope? It does not matter in the slightest. Only she matters. So, Junko pays it no mind.

But nothing stays true forever. The rhythmic beating of a heart falls on deaf ears. When she first met him, Junko did not pay any attention to him. What she saw in him was something Junko could never visualize. She offered love to him and enlightenment. A twisted warmth.

He took it, but Junko does not understand why. She never asked though and probably never will. Not now at least. Stranger turned acquaintance. Acquaintance turned friend. And friend turned into something more. For once, other than her, she had built a relationship. A relationship that she holds dear to, but will not pursue it.

That's why.....if they both crave despair then she'll be their blade. Their weapon. Their soldier.

Junko walks out of the bathroom and walks to her door, entering the quiet hallways. She looks at (F/N)'s door and looks away, shaking her head slightly.

"Right, it was Shimizu's idea to meet in the dining hall. Better go meet at the rendezvous."

Entering the dining hall, the 'good-abiding' kids are already there: Naegi, Ishimaru, Asahina, Ogami, and Fujisaki.

"Ah, I must be late."

"Mornin' Junko!" Hina says

"Hello, a very fine morning to you. I'll excuse your tardiness since the breakfast meeting just took effect," Ishimaru says.

"I would not care either way." Junko sits down next to Naegi. "Is Shimizu here?"

"No, he hasn't come in yet," Makoto says.

"Damn it, Shimizu. To be late even though you suggested this." Taka sighs.

"That's professor to you, padawan."

"Yo, sorry I am late. Totally slept through that alarm."

Shimizu and Leon enter the dining hall and sit down at the main table.

"Fine morning to you two," Sakura says. "I hope everything is well."

"Good morning," Chihiro says.

"Yes, greetings aside, is this everyone?" Shimizu adopts a saddened expression. "J-Jeez, h-how could they break our p-promise so e-easily..."