it's

coughing up a storm, you took deep breaths as you cleaned your attic. "holy shit, grandma was quite the hoarder" a metal artifact fell behind you, making you stiffen your shoulders as you murmured softly, "sorry grandma, i still love you though, and i miss you so much" your waterline felt the weight of keeping the onslaught of tears at bay, you willed yourself to not cry.

you sighed deeply as you turned around, you didn't want to give this house up. you grew up here. your grandparents raised you and they were your only family. all their memories were in this place, you couldn't give it all up. you needed money, but you didn't know how the fuck to get it, you had student debt piled up on your shoulders. you couldn't figure out how to pay it off. you didn't get any calls back from the places you applied to. it was all a jumbled mess.

and now, you were threatened by loan sharks that if you didn't pay up the loan your grandfather took, they'll take the house away. and you didn't even fucking know what you were paying for, you didn't know if you were getting scammed, but you needed to pay up 100k. it was a miracle if you had even a 100 dollars in your bank account. you were barely making ends meet. but when did big, burly bastards care about humans? they only cared about their money. money in this case you weren't even sure was theirs. it was akin to getting mugged.

but what could you do? you asked for proof and were told to fuck off and obey with a very menacing smile which made you wonder if the big, bald jerk had perhaps never smiled before because it was very unnatural. going to the police wouldn't help because it was very easy to buy the cops, especially as long as they kept getting bribed by these jerks, they would pretend as if you and your problems simply didn't exist. you didn't fucking know what to do. you felt so, so down.

all you wanted was to keep your family home. was that too much for ask for? you were cleaning out the attic in hopes of finding some expensive item since your grandparents liked collecting things. you hoped to get some money from it. you knew your grandparents wouldn't like it but you had no other option, this was their favourite hobby and sadly, this is where most of their money went.

they had gotten in a car crash, but an ambulance was called almost immediately by the people that witnessed a truck ram into their car, they were taken to the hospital and whereas their health insurance did cover up some of their bills, you had to pay for the rest. and that's where all your money went, being jobless as fuck didn't help your case either. the saddest part is they had chances of survival, they were breathing when they were brought in the hospital. but all hope was lost, as weeks went by with them on the vent, you started running out of money and the doctors advised you that it was best if their pain was lessened. they wouldn't be able to live like before, it was the hardest decision you ever made. coping with their deaths was the hardest thing you had ever gone through. you didn't even have anybody to lean on.

now you didn't know what to do. your extended family had their eyes on the house too, with the mentality that if they couldn't have it, you shouldn't either. so you were truly trapped, with no way out. you had been looking for online jobs but after getting scammed a bunch of times, you swore to never even linger around that shit. nothing ever worked for you, did it? if only life was some mafia romance, he'd pay it all up and you'd get a rich ass, handsome guy but this was reality, not fiction. such things didn't happen in reality. reality simply exists to fuck people up. and you considered yourself truly fucked at the moment.

you felt embarrassed to admit it even to yourself but you had ventured to the dark web, and somehow came across witchcraft and evocation shit. being embarrassingly obsessed with the paranormal, you read an article (or maybe articles, but hey, who's counting?) about a deal with the devil. which was a basic ass name but you weren't in the position to complain. apparently, he could solve your issues but he had his own price tag, and with the predicament you were in, you could pay anything but money. so you decided to give it a go.

but oh my dear y/n, you have no idea what you signed up for. may the lord be with you.

or not?