Ch.20

The glass vase flew off and shattered against the wall. Kim Seon-young screamed with blood vessels protruding from her neck. Stupid bastard. She asked if he couldn’t handle one of them right away, then grabbed and kicked the young man in front of her. The man was one of those in charge of the messy work at Kim Seon-young’s parents’ house.

Kim Seon-young’s father was an influential investor and the richest man in Seoul. After Kim Seon-young married, he attempted to establish a savings bank, but he had difficulty obtaining approval from the Financial Supervisory Commission. Chairman Kang rolled up his sleeves and helped at the time. As a result, Kim Seon-young’s parents paid close attention to Chairman Kang, who was still his son-in-law.

“How could you have missed that? You said that you are the right man. You said that you are confident in your skills.”

The man spoke with a troubled face.

“Well, the other person noticed it first and avoided it. I think he saw it when I pulled the trigger.”

“You bastard asshole. You should’ve said it!”

Slap, her hand slapped the man on the cheek. Again, again, and again, she slapped enough to turn the man’s head around and throw him to the floor. Kang Tae-han shook his head, holding a teacup behind her as she huffed and puffed. Even if she has a bad temper, she keeps it hidden from his father.

Her plan, which she had been boasting about, went horribly wrong all at once. It wasn’t surprising because Tae-han had expected it to some extent. There have been several similar incidents in the past, but Kang Il-hyun has miraculously survived each time.

Kim Seon-young approached the table and sat, huffing and puffing as if her rage had not yet been released. He only found out later that she had broken her fingernail from slapping the man on the cheek, and after becoming enraged again, she pulled a cigarette from her bag and lit it.

“Things that are not good enough can’t handle things properly.”

Kang Tae-han said to calm her down and moved the teacup in front of her.

“I told you so. I wish you’d listened to me.”

Her eyes became sharp. She became enraged when she saw Kang Tae-han about to step out immediately. He used to be a selfish player, whether in the past or now. There was nothing a boy with such a thin wall could do. That was why he was in danger of losing his position to his younger half-brother, who was eight years younger.

“Don’t worry. This is not the only chance.”

“I’ve been through that today, so I’m hoping Director Kang won’t stay still. They are said to be searching all of the surrounding mountains with a drone, beginning with CCTV that enters the area.”

She threw a cigarette in the ashtray. They must first find and eliminate him. They only need to find the person and destroy the evidence before he got caught and tortured. Nonetheless, someone has already been dispatched. But if Kang Il-hyun couldn’t find him…

Kang Tae-han’s eyes flashed cunningly as he looked at Kim Seon-young, who was impatient. He leaned his upper body forward.

“I have a better idea…”

“What.”

“How about using Seok-joo?”

Her brows were crooked.

“I heard he was close friends with Yi An because they were the same age. Isn’t it easier to approach him?”

Kim Seon-young remained silent. It was done to protect her son Seok-joo, but she didn’t want him dragged into this board. Even if things go wrong, she must complete the task on her own terms because she does not want her children to suffer.