3. INSENSITIVE HUSBAND

'Insensitive : showing or feeling no concern for others' feelings'
✨✨✨

"Mr. Joshi, what has she eaten since morning?" Dr. Jaggesh questioned.

"Ummm, doctor actually..... I have no idea. I think paasta.... Like maybe a few morsels" Supreeth answered honestly remembering the plateful of pasta lying on the table uneaten.

"Uh, okay. She is unconscious due to less glucose or simply not eating. This has eventually led to fever. Looking at her condition, she isn't unconscious since minutes.... It's been more time, probably hours. Her BP is really low. It's 95 to 60 while the normal should be 120 to 80. You should have taken care of her. The electrolytes in her body is really low. I think we need to keep her until next morning or a whole day tomorrow. We have given her a dextrose dose which will need another two hours to finish. She may regain her consciousness after that. We have also made sure that her BP is normal. But does she have any medical problems?" Dr.Jaggesh questioned her.

"Uh, not really. Actually you guys have missed something. She's bleeding. I mean periods maybe" Supreeth hesitated.

"Oh! Does this happen every month to her? Extreme cramps, like she doesn't feel like eating at all during those days or eat throughout the day? Like are her mood swings high?" the doctor asked.

"Uh, I don't know" Supreeth bit his inner cheeks, surprising the doctor.

"I just wanted to check if she had an hormonal imbalance. Nevertheless, I'll ask the gynaecologist to check her before she leaves", Dr.Jaggesh informed.

"Um, sure doctor but I have a request. Can you please ask the nurse to change Avya's outfit? I mean I have bought them. When I returned home, she had fainted and I couldn't you know", Supreeth hesitated while the doctor's judgemental looks embarrassed him more.

"Um, okay. You can tell them directly infact. I'll ask Dr. Shalini to speak to you. She's the gynaecologist here" Dr.Jaggesh smiled ringing the bell so that next patient could enter. Supreeth left the cabin with so many doubts.

"Damn. I should have bought a female with me too. Should I call and inform Amma?" Supreeth thought to himself while a nurse led him to the gynaecologist chamber. There were none sitting outside the chamber that was in the corner, which led to a corridor. She was probably attending the last patient.

Supreeth's mind was full. He was alone speaking to the doctor while Shreyas had offered to sit near Avya until he returned. She was injected with a IV kit on her right hand. Her reports were terrible. Supreeth didn't know anything about her. He was way too shy or even feared asking her or his family about it.

The medical field has proceeded so well. Was it difficult for them to know a patient's history? Maybe linking the aadhar number to one's treatment would do it all. Just an e file opened with the aadhar number or phone number. This will help many, he thought.

As he thought of all this, he decided to stroll over the corridor on the other side of the cabin. With his hands in his pockets, he walked around. The hospital was silent. No much noise. His wife was in the emergency room in the ground floor while he was here in the first floor, waiting to talk to the gynaecologist. He didn't understand why talking to him was what they felt better than going and checking the patient. In his hometown, doctors would diagonise just by checking the pulse of the patient while here in Bengaluru doctors didn't even bother to touch. Let alone touching, just for a headache due to cold weather they wrote a prescription for MRI. It was just an industry here while in rural places doctors helped people, cured people.