CHAPTER 10 - "Navigating Love: Long-Distance, Jealousy Waves

In our first week together, things were a bit awkward. Figuring out what to talk about was a puzzle, especially since we were dealing with the whole long-distance thing and relying solely on texting apps.

I knew I couldn't be her first perfect love, given the miles between us, so I decided to impress her in a different way. I started making video edits of her, and it turned out she loved them. Her appreciation became my motivation, and I kept making more. When a friend asked me why I was so into editing, I just said, "I'm not into editing; I'm into making edits for her."

I was fully aware that a long-distance relationship meant sacrifices, and I was ready for that. At the beginning, jealousy crept in when I saw her interacting with other guys, but I kept it to myself. Surprisingly, that jealousy eventually faded away.

Then one day, a message popped up on my phone from her account, saying, "X, remember I gave you a kiss on your forehead."

I was totally thrown when I snooped on her messages without permission. Found a chat with her boy best friend from way back-it hit me with a mix of sadness and disappointment. But, hey, it happened before we even started dating when we were just pals.

Sure, it got me in a bit of a funk, especially considering I wasn't exactly a saint-I'd dated someone before her. The whole "it was just a kiss, not an actual kiss, but still a kiss" thought bugged me for a bit. But guess what? I decided not to let it mess with our relationship, and those bothersome thoughts eventually took a hike.