CHAPTER 12- "Love's Rollercoaster: Unseen Turns"

Our relationship had these unseen cracks, and when I asked her about it, she just dropped the bomb that she wanted to break up. It hit hard. But somehow, the very next day, we were back to normal, like the breakup talk never happened. She was sending me goofy pics, chatting away, and I was left confused. The girl who was ready to break up with me last night was now acting like nothing had changed.

I regretted not asking her why she wanted to break up. Maybe it just slipped out; who knows? It was tough for me to erase the breakup thoughts from my mind. Insecurity crept in, fueled by the regret of things I had said—stuff like "do what you want" and pretending I was cool with her guy friends. Deep down, I hated the idea, but how could I ask her to cut off her male best friends? She was meeting these guys every day, unlike me.

Days went by, and our talks continued. One day, she asked me about her male best friend, wondering if they bothered me. I wished I had the guts to say yes, but I didn't want to force my thoughts on her. Unlike me, she loved talking to new people and making friends. In a relationship, I refrained from telling her not to talk to them, not to "ghost" them. I couldn't stifle her beautiful nature just for my peace of mind.

I never thought I'd start journaling, but I did. It wasn't a typical journal, more like a collection of questions and unsaid things I wanted to express to her. I wasn't her ideal type, and we were opposites, but I started jotting down everything—our favorite moments and more. I couldn't directly tell her how much I loved her, so I started showing it through daily chats and creating lovey-dovey posts. Her sister even mentioned that she loved it when I made edits for her.

One day, my mother caught me looking at her pictures. She's not exactly the coolest mom, but she knows her way around situations like these. She asked, and I spilled everything. She had warned me about this during my past relationship when I was still a student, but here I was doing it again. This time, my mother said she wouldn't link it with my studies but warned me about the consequences of a relationship. She told me not to get into it unless I was ready to handle mistakes from both sides.

Soon after, she sent me a paragraph professing her love but ending it with a simple "I am so sorry." Then, she vanished—disabled her account and everything. I was left in the dark, not knowing what to do. I couldn't even reply to her message. The only thing on my mind was that she would leave me too, without giving a reason. She changed her password, locking me out of her account.

Out of nowhere, her account was active again. She texted me, and I was confused. I watched her typing, helpless, unable to reply. When I finally could, I explained the turmoil in my mind. She shared her side of the story, and we argued. Again, she dropped the three infamous words, "let's break up." But this time, instead of taking all the blame, I stood my ground. I told her we could still fix this if she just said what I wanted to hear from her.

She didn't know what words to say, and the argument dragged on. Finally, I told her all I wanted was a simple sorry, an acknowledgment that what she did was wrong. She said sorry, but then she started pointing fingers at me, questioning why I overthink. Frustrated, I told her fine, from now on, I wouldn't overthink anything. I'd just act the way she acted with me. I wanted her to taste her own medicine.

Little did I know, that decision backfired.