Sick

I woke up with Lloyd's arms around me. I moved to get up and his grip tightened. "Babe, I have to get to work," I said as I gently pried his arms off.

His tail wrapped around me. "I don't want you to go," he muttered sleepily.

I squirmed. "I have three-year-olds to take care of. Let me up," I demanded.

He shook his head keeping his eyes closed. "Call in sick."

"I just started," I snapped. "There's no way I'm going to do that. Now let me up."

He groaned. "Fine." He let go.

I stood up then frowned at him. He usually gets up out of bed when I do but he just rolled over. "Lloyd," I said gently. "Is there something wrong?"

"Y...no," he muttered. He dug his face into the pillow and started coughing. Then he stopped and groaned quietly.

My eyes narrowed. "If nothing's wrong then why are you coughing?"

"Not."

I laid my hand on his forehead. "Lloyd! You're burning up! Why didn't you tell me you felt sick?"

"Don't."

"You only give one-word answers when you're sick." He didn't bother answering that time because he knew it was true. "Let me go call in and say I need the day off," I said softly as I brushed his hair out of his eyes even though they were still closed. "Then I'll come back and take care of you."

I slipped out of the room and found the girls in the kitchen. "It's beautiful!" Nya said.

"Girls," I said.

They bother turned to me. "You knew Morro was going to propose, didn't you?" Harumi said smiling.

My mouth twitched. "I did. That's why I told you to wait a while. Anyway, I won't be going with you to work today."

"Why?" Nya asked.

"Lloyd's sick."

Harumi frowned. "Wasn't he just fine last night?"

I nodded. "But some sickness just happen overnight. One minute you're fine the next you're sick."

Kai burst into the kitchen. "Girls, Wings is back."

I huffed and went outside. Wings was sitting on the dragon statue. "Hey, Wings," I said.

He looked at me. "I have a return message."

I nodded. "Go ahead."

"'Y/n, I had no idea that Liam had a sibling. Is there a chance we can meet? So I can hear more of the story?' End," Wings said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Since when do you give messages like that?"

"Since now. Do you have anything you want me to tell him?"

I thought for a minute. "Nightmare, will you open a portal for him to come through tomorrow morning?" I asked my dragon. I wanted to give Lloyd a chance to get a little better. But something was telling me whatever he had was going to take a while to leave.

I can, Nightmare said.

"Okay. Wings, please tell Gaara that he can come tomorrow morning at ten. Nightmare will open a portal in his office so he can get here." I paused. "Tell him that my Lloyd won't be joining us because he's sick but other Lloyd will."

"Okay," Wings said then he flew off.

"You're going to have me with you?" Other Lloyd asked.

I nodded. "After all, we were the leaders of our groups in the war."

"Okay."

I turned to Harumi and Nya. "I actually don't know how long Lloyd will be sick but I'll take a week off."

"What if he's not better by then?" Nya asked.

"I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."

"Can your healing powers fix him?" Harumi asked.

"That doesn't work on sick people," I replied. "It only works for physical injuries."

"Okay. Harumi and I will let them know," Nya said.

"Thank you." I went back inside and into our room. Lloyd was in the middle of a coughing fit so I waited it out. When he was done I sat beside him. "I'm taking a week off work, okay?"

He nodded and groaned. "It hurts," he whined.

"What does?"

"Head, throat, and stomach."

I nodded and got up. I gave him coughing medicine and a pill that helps with headaches. I turned the lights off so they wouldn't hurt him then sat beside him. I gently ran my fingers through his hair. "Gaara got back to me. He wants to meet so I have him coming tomorrow at ten. The other you will be with me."

"No," he said weakly. "Me."

I sighed. "Lloyd, you can't for two reasons. One, you're sick. Two, I don't want to get Gaara sick." I kissed his forehead. "Other Lloyd will protect me," I whispered softly. "You know that and the Ninja will hear if something goes wrong. It will be okay. Just rest so you can get better." He twisted and threw up onto the floor. I winced. That might make me throw up too. Ever since I got pregnant I haven't had a strong stomach. I rubbed his back. Then he rolled back over. "Better?" I asked.

He shook his head. "No."

I stood and cleaned up the mess. Then got a bucket for him to throw up in. Then I went into our bathroom and threw up. I groaned quietly. I hate throwing up. I glanced at my watch and sighed. My throwing up was due to morning sickness apparently. I put my head in my hands and waited for the next round. I threw up again. "Ugh," I grumbled. The door opened and Lloyd was standing there leaning heavily against the door frame. "What are you doing up?" I asked.

He slid down to the floor next to me. "Are you...okay?" He asked breathing hard.

I nodded. "Morning sickness."

He threw up then went into a coughing fit. When he was done he said, "Maybe you...shouldn't take...care of...me if...it's going...to make...you sick."

I shook my head. "It's not. I told you, it's morning sickness. I always get it in the afternoon, remember?"

His hand moved and rested on my stomach. "Sucks," he murmured.

I smiled a little then winced and threw up again. "Dammit," I groaned.

He smiled a little. "Looks like we're in the same boat for now."

"Yeah, but unlike me you being sick will go on longer."

"Sadly."

I smiled and leaned against his shoulder. "We'll both stay in the bathroom for a while."

He nodded weakly. "Good idea."