[ Basket is to ball just as women is to complicated ]

Apple.

[ Basket is to ball just as women is to complicated ]

Mom was bawling silently, her tears tracing down her cheek, staining her white dress.

I couldn't really blame her; hell, I would have been, too. Except, the difference was that: Mom was a woman and I wasn't. I didn't cry on a regular basis, it wasn't part of my system. It didn't matter when or where, it just never happened.

And I was sure as hell that it wouldn't happen today.

Even if it was Zoey's wedding.

I had to admit, I felt a little twinge of jealousy as she stood in front of the altar, side-by-side with Blake, her fiancé—husband to-be—as they shared their vows and promised themselves to one another. I couldn't grasp the fact that my sister was getting married and will soon be pushing a watermelon out of her puny body and start a family.

I wanted that, too.

But not with Zoey—that was just nasty.

Or me pushing a baby out of my...wherever. That would probably be the most disturbing thing ever.

To my left, I grabbed Apple's hand, giving it a small squeeze. She titled her head before turning her eyes at me. A smile appeared on her lips and I couldn't help but to smile back. Her eyes were slightly watering, which was probably because of the wedding. Apple had seen Zoey as a second older sister since Zoey and Nicole, Apple's sister, were best friends. She intertwined her fingers with mine and kept her grip there the whole time.

It felt like she and I were together. Like a couple. And in love.

We weren't—for now—but it felt nice to seem like we were.

The whole church was filled with cheers and shouts as Blake leaned down to cup Zoey's face and kiss her. They were married. Zoey and Blake looked good together; even though they were polar opposites, they managed to work through all of those and keep it together.

Mom was probably the loudest out of everyone in there. She was cheering as though she was in a freaking concert. Well, then again, I couldn't blame her—she'd wanted grandchildren ever since Zoey introduced Blake to the parents three months into their relationship. I bet that they would make some pretty attractive babies as well. Zoey, with her petite figure was in contrast of Blake's tall, lean and wiry body. Just like Dad, Zoey had flaming red hair and Mom's blue eyes while Blake had the typical dark hair and green eyes.

Mom and Apple would usually talk about how their babies would look like. I didn't get what the hell was with girls and their obsession to other people's kids. I get that they were cute and all, but come on, they were just kids. They'd grow up and leave their cuteness and innocent behind one day and grow up to be annoying and a pain in the ass.

Children did that nowadays—the growing up. It was as though girls never actually took that in to consideration.

"Logan," Apple called out, as she linked her arm with mine. She looked stunning in her dress; hell, she always looked attractive, there wasn't a day in my life that Apple didn't look appealing in my eyes.

I gave her a smile. "What?" I asked, waving goodbye to the newlyweds.

"I want to get married, too," she uttered, turning her gaze back at the couple who were making their way towards their limo with the sign "Just Married." The photographer seemed to be having a great time, too, as he was showered with pink rose petals.

Mom butted in the conversation as she gave Apple a hug. "I'm sure you and Logan would make a great couple," she said lightly. A blush appeared on Apple's cheeks as her tendency to turn red at the smallest things became evident again.