[ Pants and Jeans ]

Apple.

[ Pants and Jeans ]

Mom's mouth was hanging open. Both our Dads were frozen. Apple's mom was openly staring at us, looking like she was having some sort of That's So Raven moment. Blake had a smirk on his face and Zoey was blinking in shock. Nicole and Nicholas looked confused. Jenna looked horrified, and Gareth was grinning.

That was their reaction when I announced that Apple and I were now official. I was a little shock because I would have thought that Mom would burst out into hysterical tears. Or that Zoey and Nicole would be jumping around, crying "I told you so!" to everyone.

But noooo.

They were surprised.

Were they really not expecting this to happen?

Jenna was the first to speak up. "So, just to be clear, that hickey you're failing to hide is from Logan?"

Apple blushed and quickly placed her hand over her neck.

Blake then barked out a laugh, shaking his head. Everyone's eyes fell on him as he raised his glass of champagne up, smirking as he called to toast, "To Logan; for finally getting the ba—courage, yes, courage, to tell Amie his feelings. And more importantly: for Logan and Amie; hoping for the best in their relationship. Cheers."

The whole table then snapped out of their momentary shock and began to laugh, lifting their own glasses up. "Cheers!" we all said together.

The dinner was eventful to say the least. Nicole threatened to cut off my Baby Making Apparatuses if I dared to make Apple cry. Mom was finally in tears, even though she ordered her favourite dessert. After she was done crying, the girls (minus Apple) began to make up names for our future babies.

The whole evening was surely memorable.

As soon as dinner was done, everyone headed off into their own direction. Apple was staying with me tonight. For the first time this week since Sunday night, she was staying overnight. I was excited. Not because I was anticipating anything X-Rated was going to happen, but because this would be the first night that we'd spend together with everyone knowing that we were a couple.

"I accepted the facebook request," she told me as soon as I opened her door and helped her out of the car.

I sighed, intertwining my fingers with hers. Her hands were small compared to mine, and they were soft and smooth. I never really realized it until we started holding hands. I guess even after all these time, there were still a lot of things I didn't know about Apple. But that didn't matter. We had the rest of our lives for me to figure her out.

"So that's why my phone's been vibrating the whole time at dinner."

She grinned, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "Yeah, maybe," she answered when we reached the building. "You never did tell me how that case went with the mom and the kid and the dad and their divorce."

"No?" I wondered. The case didn't take long. The judge was a woman (and we all know that the female species were easily moved by emotions, which was the reason why they watched so much chick flicks) and as soon as our client started crying during the case, the end of it was inevitable. "We won."

Apple frowned a little. "Oh," she muttered at the same time the elevator dinged.

Smiling, I pulled her in the elevator and took a step towards her, leaned a little closer and whispered, "But if the other party somehow got a tip that could be taken to court again about a certain woman in a relationship with a man she isn't supposed to be with, then there's a chance that the case might blow up."