Chapter 14

Skylar wouldn't stop talking. Oakley rubbed her face as she listened to Skylar talk on and on about whatever the fuck, she couldn't grasp onto what she talked about.

"Sky, I love ya, yeah. But can you please stop talking for a sec?" Oakley asked, rubbing the bridge of her busted nose. Skylar stopped talking, her mouth open as she stared at her. She closed her mouth and nodded her head.

"Sorry," Skylar smiled cheekily, twiddling her thumbs. She scrunched her face and puffed up her cheeks. "Who busted up your nose again?" she asked hesitantly.

Oakley dropped her hand and exhaled. "It doesnt matter," she shrugged. "I'll be fine, if anything it means I can get a nose job later in life," she chuckled, the bell ringing through the classroom. Oakley stood up and packed her bag up, watching as Skylar almost tripped over her chair and swung her bag over her shoulder.

"Well when you do, lemme know who does it. I want my boobs done some day," Skylar winked, squishing her boobs for a moment before snorting out a loud laugh.

Oakley rolled her eyes as she walked into the busy hallway. Skylar elbowed other students to get beside her and smiled. "Don't worry I'll let you know," she smiled softly as she linked her arm with hers.

"Gurl we need to get layed," Skylar raspberried, weaving them through the mini groups as they reached the front doors.

Oakley shook her head, pursing her lips as they walked down the front steps. "I'll be fine, good luck though," she said.

Skylar spun around and faced her, looking up at Oakley as she exhaled. "You deserve someone good okay?" she said softly, reaching up and squishing her cheeks. "You're fucking perfect," she cursed.

Oakley looked down at Skylar and smiled, her cheeks squishing up into her eyes. "Ok ok love bird," she chuckled softly and pulled her hands down. "Where do you think I can start looking, for when I'm ready." she stated.

"Peter duh," Skylar smiled wide. "He's so into you dude," she stated, grabbing her hands and swinging her arms around.

Oakley's eyes widened, her jaw dropping. "What? What, no no no we're friends." she firmly stated. She watched as Skylar's smile turn into a pout.

"You would be so cute together you know," Skylar whined, squeezing her hands. Oakley chuckled and cracked a smiled. She nodded her head. Her eyes trailed over Skylar's head and she furrowed her brows.

Outside the school gates, standing by his car was Bucky Barnes. Oakley opened her mouth to speak but closed it. Skylar furrowed her brows and pulled her hands from Oakley's and poked her side. "Earth to Oak tree," she teased. Oakley snapped out of it and looked down at her.

"Okay thats a new one," Oakley said. "I uh," she stammered. "I'll see you tomorrow," she tapped her head before walking quickly past her. Oakley listened as Skylar yelled after her as she walked quickly down the stairs and down the walkway.

"Mr. Barnes?" Oakley called out, walking over to the parked car.

Bucky looked up and exhaled, his hands shoved in his pockets. "Oakley, it's good to see you." he stated. He watched her walk up to him and stop a few feet away, shifting from one foot to another. "I uh, wanted to check in," he said gently.

Oakley raised a brow, grabbing her backpack straps. "Check in?" she asked gently.

"Yeah I, I overheard some yelling before I went back home, you alright?" Bucky asked softly.

Oakley looked up at him and gulped. She knew the the busted nose was a sign that last night didnt go well. She wasnt alright and there wasnt any lie that would convince the super soldier otherwise. She shrugged and nibbled on her lip. "I'll be fine..." she lied. "I guess,"

Bucky exhaled and pulled his keys out of his pocket. He spun the key ring on his gloved finger before tossing them at her. He watched her expression as she caught them in her hands. "You know how to drive?" he asked.

Oakley's eyes widened like saucers, her hands fiddling with the keys now in her hands. "I uh.. Kind of?" she questioned herself. "Not really," she said quietly before tossing the keys back to him.

He chuckled and smiled a tad. "Want a ride home?" he asked gently, catching the keys easily. "Probably better then walking," he stated.

Oakley looked up at him and shook her head. "I dont wanna go home," she said quickly, swallowing the rest of the words she wanted to say. "Not yet at least," she hesitantly admitted. She went to walk away, looking down at the ground. She finally admitted it. Admitted that she didnt want to go home to her mom.

Bucky turned with her as she walked past him. He should stay out of it, fuck he really should but he couldnt just leave it. "Hey wait!" he called out. Oakley froze up before turning around and facing him. "Do you want to talk about it?" he asked. "I'm not a therapist but i've been to enough sessions now that I think I could help?"

Oakley gulped and shifted, turning her body to fully face him. Was this good idea? Probably not. She walked forward and smiled a tad. "Sure, why not."