54

The woman came up to me and took me in her arms, which took me completely by surprise. I felt really comfortable with her, felt that she was family, which brought tears to my eyes.

"Grandma?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yes, Hoseok... I'm your father's mother, Mira... Your other grandmother is here too... but she's busy interrogating a captured Lycan." she explained and I was overwhelmed with emotion... even though my parents weren't here, there was someone here who had answers.

"Oh my gods, hasn't that cheeky Lycan said anything yet?" Hongjoong's mother asked and my grandmother let go of me to sit down.

"He claims he hasn't been in the pack for years, that the alpha saw him as a threat to his position and wanted to kill him, but he had escaped. He says he doesn't know where our queen is or if the Lycans even have her. But he said something about a captured vampire who had been living with them since he was a child and that he had a message for the vampire queen..." she explained and I raised my head and looked at her, which she noticed.

"Lycans are liars, they can't be trusted." she said, noticing my interest.

"I still need to know... she's my mate..." I said softly, seeing the smile on her face.

"Hoseok... I know why you're there... Reina, your other grandmother, saw it in her dreams... you used the source of the nymphs. Let me answer your most burning questions right now. You can trust your companions, the vampires are not our enemies, they never were..." she explained and my heart immediately lightened.

"But, why did you hide me from the vampires?" I asked her and she sighed.

"Because you were born when the attack had just happened, the vampires were on the run, the Lycans were breathing down their necks and if you had been with them then, not only would the vampires have been destroyed, but the witches too... the Lycan Alpha was already very suspicious because we were only pretending to help them when we had long been on the vampires' side. He would have kidnapped you and used you as leverage against both races. You only saw short segments of the conversation and therefore didn't know the truth. Your father helped the queen escape, it was he who created the dome spell, performed it in secret with the help of other witches and members of other races... he lost his life in the process." She looked sadly into the flame of the candle on the table, remembering her son, who had died to protect us. My eyes shimmered with tears as I thought of how I would never know him.

Wooyoung PoV

"Hyung... Do we really have to come down here? This looks like a dungeon..." I whined as I followed Yeosang down the stone staircase. It didn't smell very good, and it got worse the lower we went. The torch in his hand flickered and then went out, but a small exhale from my companion and it burned brighter than before.

"I can feel him... He's down here." he said and I sighed.

"Why do we need someone else? Am I not enough for you?" I pouted again, unwilling to have to share my companion, but he just smirked in amusement.

"Wooyoung, believe me when I tell you that you won't just accept him, you'll cling to him like a limpet. He belongs to us, we're not complete without him," he said.

"No, no one can come between us, you're the hottest cream slice on earth," I objected as we arrived at the cells and walked through them. Yeosang suddenly stopped and my jaw almost dropped when I saw the sexy Lycan hanging on the wall in chains. He was only wearing tight pants, his well-built upper body was free for my gaze and I was drooling without realizing it.