Part 104

As soon as the last ring of the day rang Keith was out the door, he hadn't fully comprehended what or why he was in such a hurry, he was just going to see Lance, and from what he knew Lance wasn't going to disappear on him. But he had to hurry or so his body told him at least. He kept a tight hold on his bag to make sure the important items in it didn't tip over and spill all over his homework.

He passed blurry faces and felt his heart beat hard in his chest yet he couldn't slow down, not even when the foot traffic got narrow did he slow down. He felt his shoulder brush against someone else rather harshly, yet his speed stayed the same. He didn't even look back to see if he had knocked the other over. It was like his mind was just focused on one being.

Keith wondered internally what Lance had done with him, what in the beta caused him to feel this way but his pondering had to wait as he saw the familiar Logo of Coran's store Coran's Pizzeria & more. He always thought it was a silly name but who was he to say anything, if anything the silly name sure made it popular, it was catchy in a way. The whole store's theme was strange in a way, considering the Pizzeria now had a small store connected to it, with a lot of neat things. From the number of people Keith could see from the big windows it sure seemed like the store and Pizzeria were popular. Inside he could see Adam run around tables, he wondered if he should try and get the beta's attention for a few seconds before he decided against it. Before he started to move again he took note of how tidy the storefront was, it was colorful, mostly orange and bright colors alike. The street was well managed, with no trash piled up on the street, and the windows seemed newly washed as if he tried to he could spot his reflection. The whole place just looked nice, which could not be said for a few of the stores further down the street.

Keith didn't go into the front door, he didn't want to go that way, even though he knew he was seeing Coran for their short trip in a few days he didn't think he would have the courage to see him now just like this. Especially not if Lance wasn't next to him. He still couldn't believe how the Beta had somehow managed to bring him into a room with Coran alone, It was surreal, he knew he had told Lance he wanted to meet with Coran to talk and visit Luka's grave but no way had he thought Lance would set up a meeting soo soon, and even though he had met Coran a lot before Luka....and even more since he had met Lance, Coran even tagged along for some of their longer exertions they had had.

At one point in time, he could talk to Coran without problems and Guilt in his gut, but that was before Luka....But ever since that tragedy, when he met the older beta he just wanted to run. But he also knew that some interactions were necessary, especially considering he now is becoming Lance's guardian, but every time he met Coran since meeting Lance he could just choose not to talk with him, stick to Lance, and if necessary just answer simply. He didn't need to talk to him more than that and Coran had seemed to understand that as he never tried to start a deeper conversation with the Alpha. Lance had changed all that by getting them into the same room to talk as he had put it.

Keith had been so stiff, it felt like his body couldn't move and even breathing was hard. Coran had stayed silent for a long while, a very long while. But he eventually opened his mouth and apologized for having taken such a long time to do so. Keith had been stunned and couldn't get his mouth to say any recognizable words. He had just stuttered incoherent sounds. Coran had continued to describe how their talk was long overdue but he was glad he had gotten around to it now. Keith had stayed quiet listening to the beta, and he had felt the big pile of guilt somewhat melt, he had gotten a chance to talk to and that had eased the guilt even more. The deep talk ended with them deciding on a day when they were going to visit Luka's grave. It had been a week or more since their talk but if he closed his eyes he could remember it like it was yesterday when he sat on the yellow kitchen chair in Coran's kitchen. Coran had chosen the orange one. Lance had served them tea in a simple white cup and Keith had let it go cold. Too nervous to drink anything, Coran had drank his cup. Even commented on how well Lance made tea. Which had made Keith regret he didn't try it. Keith remembered the scent of pizza that filled the whole kitchen and how sunny it had been that day. He knew it wasn't long ago that the talk had been held but if someone asked him what the weather was yesterday he would have no clue.