The Elite Class's Secret Santa Fun

39 people sat in a dimmed room, circling a short tree on the floor. Around the tree were just about 40 presents strewn about, some palm-sized and the largest could've even fit a person inside. Unsurprisingly, the room was cramped but far better than trying to squeeze into a dorm room. Why was that the initial plan anyway?

Today was December 25th at 6:55 PM, the sun having sunk making Japan dark. The room was full of chatter as it was nigh impossible to not be lively during this. At least that's what Haruka said, yet I could easily see Sakura wilting back from all the commotion and Horikita frowning.

"What's the reason for this again?" Our class's figurehead, Horikita Suzune, stared at Hirata who sat next to her.

"Chabashira-sensei lent us the room to use today and Karuizawa-san got an idea to hold a Christmas celebration here. That eventually led to Secret Santa, so this should be amusing Horikita-san."

Not only Hirata, but many others in the class gave the same reason he provided for the past week we had to prepare for this. For a class lacking in class points, isn't doing mass spending on them detrimental? Except for the stark difference, most people only bought one gift and we do not have a class bank like Class B does.

Oh, there goes Hirata getting moved out of his seat to another spot once again. Being popular must be burdensome, I've been watched enough in my life as it is...

.

"Hey, when are we starting this? It's dark and we haven't even turned on the Christmas tree lights," from across the room, Ike called out, seemingly impatient for the gifts to be opened. Nonetheless, it has been quite a bit since we sat here, and most others felt the same. They weren't as open about it as Ike, but the chatter began to switch once he said this.

"There was a sign on the door that the lights would automatically turn on at 7:00 PM Ike-kun," Shinohara responded.

"Who put that there anyway? Isn't it more festive if the lights turn on with someone plugging cables together?"

Many people started nodding in the dark as Kei gave her preference but as if to deny that all, the Christmas tree's lights flashed on, nigh, everyone squinting. Whether this was due to the total disregard for what they said, the change from darkness to a light-filled room, or a mixture of both, it's not of much importance.

As the lights turned on, the sliding door to the classroom opened ajar, and through walked Chabashira-sensei, someone little of us expected to come. What baffled me more was the Santa suit she was fully dressed in.

As people started to take notice of her, everyone was left silent and dumbstruck while gawking at her.

Ike was the first to snap out of it and talk, still slack-jawed but spoke for all of us when he asked, "Sae-chan-sensei... What are you wearing...?"

Quite literally, our homeroom teacher wore a Santa costume as I mentioned previously. Not a Mrs. Claus costume but a Jolly Old Saint Nick costume. The baggy pants and shirt with red and white hat. She even wore the white beard Santa usually has as she walked to the Christmas tree and stood there unamused. It was uncertain whether she ignored Ike or not when she curtly replied. Not Mrs. Claus, but Santa with a white beard, and a baggy suit.

"I am Santa Claus. Merry Christmas to you all."

This left the class even more silent than before and all that could be heard was... phone cameras?

As Chabashira heaved a small sigh, she continued speaking.

"I am the supervising adult for the time you are in the classroom as leaving 39 minors in a room for a party of sorts is asking for trouble."