Sound of Silence

Slightly proofread. Let me know if there are mistake or questionable points.
Chapter Prologue - Part 2
Word count: 1k

Although he wasn't there for long, Yuji felt a bit sad having to depart from the hospital, and even though their time together was not long, Yuuji had built a small connection with Camellia. She had a good heart, and everything she had done for him was only because she was a kind person.

If he were to talk about his journey as to how he was placed into this orphanage he is currently in, it really wouldn't be a remarkable story. But besides, all in all, Camellia had told him that she referred him to the House of Zenith. It's an orphanage where children are adopted, and it's also the place Camellia grew up in.

After being discharged from the hospital, Yuji was put into the care of the orphanage immediately. The place was not bad, the staff were polite and the children were most of them were quiet, but it wasn't much of a surprise seeing that a war had just happened, and most of the children seemed to be new—just like Yuuji.

During the time he spent in the hospital, he had time to let it sink in that he was perhaps way actually in another world, or maybe even a different timeline. He came to that conclusion after he asked Camelia if she could teach him about the time period he was in. To his surprise, Yuji noticed that this world's map was a bit different from the ones he was shown in school, and the history was different from what he was taught in school.

Was he really dead? He was just dreaming, or did someone use their technique on him? That was quite likely, but also not very likely, he thought. Everything felt too real for him and there weren't any physical signs of a cursed technique.

And so Yuuji accepted that he's been given another chance at life. Sometimes things just happen because they do, and there may never be a reason for it, just like how he was able to survive eating the finger of Sukuna.

This time I'll live my life to the fullest. Yuuji closes his eyes, waiting for a hopeful sleep.

-

The next day, Yuji continues the given daily routine he was taught to follow every day; wake up, brush, and eat breakfast—but only if you wake up on time. "To build discipline" he heard a supervisor say.

Although Yuuji would've liked to sleep in, he hasn't had a single meal since he arrived yesterday. So here he is, walking to a table to with his breakfast. In the middle of his meal, he was interrupted.

"Hey, you don't mind if I sit here too do you?"

Yuuji turned to his left. It was a kid who looked about his age. He had very fair skin, and his hair looked so smooth and shiny. Since Yuuji's mouth was full he nodded to the kid.

"Thanks."

Say, I don't remember seeing this kid yesterday. He thought, staring at the kid while munching on his food

"Ah, I'm new, just arrived here this morning," the kid says after noticing Yuuji's gaze. Even his voice was soothing and soft.

"My name is Alister," he claims.

"I'm Yuji."

"It's nice to be aquatinted with you Yuji," he offers a hand for a handshake, and Yuji takes it. They didn't talk at all that morning after that interaction.

-
For recess time Alister followed Yuji around, but Yuji didn't mind since he didn't have anything interesting to do anyway.

"Aren't you going to play with the other kids?" Yuji looks at the kids playing around the swings.

"Hm? No, I don't feel like doing what they're doing. I prefer to read and study."

"But you're following me around?" He questioned.

"Yes, but that's because I like you. You're very polite, and have very good manners." Said Alister.

Since Yuji had questioned Alister he realized he wasn't doing anything productive; like learning how to read or write in the common language of this country. Although Yuji was clever, he wasn't the brightest when it came to academics and the theoretical field.

This led to Yuji asking Alister to teach him since he seemed very smart, and he liked studying too! Two birds with one stone!

-

"Hello, Yuji. It seems we'll be sharing a room."

Alister smiles from the bed beside Yuji and waves his hand. There after the supervisor checks in to make sure all the children are in their designated places and then it's lights out. But Yuji couldn't go to sleep at all as much as he wanted to. There was just that feeling that he couldn't shake off. The feeling of dread. It felt so suffocating and choking that he wished he could scream. Alister is fast asleep, he looks so peaceful.

Before he knew it Yuji was starting to suffocate, his breath disorientated and uncontrollable, and he couldn't stop himself. How did it come to this? He thought. He was finally at peace, he was no longer a Jujutsu Sorcerer, no longer a teenager, just a kid that no one expects anything from; he was finally free! He could become anyone he wants from now on, but why does he feel something about that?

Yuji has come to hate the silent uneventful nights because his inner and deep thoughts would always come out no matter how much he doesn't want to think. The silence drives him insane because they leave him alone to what torments him so much. He doesn't know why he feels like he wants to rip his skin off. He doesn't know what to do so he fists his hair so hard he groans. How unbearable.
-
Yuji doesn't know when he had fallen asleep but he's awoken by Alister who seems to be his normal self. He felt like he hadn't slept at all. So instead, he tells Alister to go ahead while he sleeps in. It doesn't matter if he gets hungry later.

The sound of the door closing makes Yuji aware. He's all alone again.

—•-/-•—