1600s

1607

Raphael and Zira stood in the theater, watching Shakespeare work on his production of Hamlet.

"This looks stupid," Zira commented to the angel.

Zira always loved dressing nice, on this occasion, he was wearing one of his favorite bishop-sleeved buttoned shirts, a grey waistcoat, black dress pants, and black shoes.

"It's not stupid, it's a form of art," Raphael said in response.

Due to being an angel Raphael didn't care much about his looks. He had on a typical outfit for the time in white, cream, and grey colors.

Zira sighed "Whatever you say, Angel. It could just be more fun ya know?"

"This is fun"—"no it isn't. It needs some dance."—"It doesn't"—"It does" the duo argued.

One person quickly shushed them so they both shut up and continued to watch. Eventually, it got too boring for Zira so he started to leave and of course, Raphael followed.

The star boy frowned "I wanted to stay"

"Well I wanted to get drunk" the swan replied

"I don't get why you like drinking," the Angel said as they walked into the bar.

"Well you end up drinking with me," Zira said as they sat down.

~

Both the Angel and demon were very very drunk as they sat at the bar talking about nothing in particular. Eventually, the conversation drifts into their insecurities.

"I needddd to start losing weighttt" the swan slurred before he took another sip of his drink.

"Nooo, you're perfect! I need to gain"—"No you don'tttt"—"I doo!"

"Angel, you're perfecttt," Zira said, even though he was drunk he still meant what he said. He gently placed a hand on Raphael's cheek and moved a bit closer.

Raphael looked up at Zira "I'm not perfect Zira"

"Well, I can show you are," the swan said before dragging off the star boy to a hidden away area then starting to lean in for a kiss as he closed his eyes.

The Angel was a bit surprised but slowly leaned in as his eyes shut. Their lips connected and Zira moved his Angel a bit closer by the waist as the kiss continued.

After a minute they both pull away and Raphael clears his throat a bit and looks down at his feet.

"Let's, umm...sober up," the shy archangel said. The demon frowned but sighed and said "Fineeee".

They both sober up and try to figure out what just happened. Zira has known he has feelings for Raphael and has had thoughts to act on those feelings but never dared to. This was certainly a new feeling for them both.

They both felt excited with butterflies in their stomach but at the same time...they knew that they could never be together unless they were both on one side or the other.

"I'm going to go back to my place.." Raphael said quietly.

"Same here.." Zira said.

~

1681

"Raphael! I made something cool!" Zira said, excitedly for once in his existence.

Raphael turned his attention from his plants to Zira "What did you make?"

"It's called Pointe ballet!" Zira said excitedly before he sat down and put on the test point shoes he made.

"Well let me see what exactly this is," The archangel said before he sat down to watch Zira dance.

Zira got up and took a deep breath then started to dance. He's surprisingly flexible for his body's age and very graceful.

Raphael was enamored with Zira as he danced. The smile on Zira's face was one he'd not seen since before Zira fell. One of true happiness.

When Zira finished dancing Raphael clapped and smiled.

"That was awesome Zira," the tall Angel said

"Thanks," the swan said as he took off his point shoes. Once he put back on his regular shoes he smiled at Raphael and said "May I tempt you to some lunch?"

"Temptation accepted" Raphael replied with a smile.