The Punishment

1700

"Where is he..." Raphael thought as he watered his plants.

He was worried. He hadn't seen or spoken to Zira in 3 weeks when normally they would see each other at least every other day.

The archangel slowly got lost in thought thinking about where his friend is as he watered his plants.

His mind started to wander through...his mind went to the feeling 19 years ago of when they both were drunk and kissed...he got butterflies just remembering the feeling...

His thoughts were cut short though when Zira suddenly bursted through the door and stumbled inside before falling to the ground.

"Zira!" Raphael said in worry as he hurried over to his friend. Zira was covered in blood and clearly extremely hurt.

He clearly had been beaten and no energy. His feet were bleeding badly and some of his bones looked broken.

"Oh dear..." the archangel said quietly as he placed the swan's head on his lap. The angel used a miracle to heal the demon.

Once Zira regained his consciousness he looked up at the archangel with tears in his eyes but quickly sucked it up and said "....I am never dancing again...."

Raphael's eyes widened in shock considering Zira loved to dance. "Why? What happened?"

"...I don't want to discuss it..." the swan slowly sat up and took a few deep breaths then got up. "...I need a drink...."

"I can go with you if you want..." the star man said

"...no...I'm going alone..." the demon said before leaving the Angel alone again.

After this the two wouldn't see each other again until the French Revolution