Chapter III "First Mission"

(Y/n) POV:

It took a while, but I finally made it to the front of the butterfly mansion, walking up to the doors and swinging them open "I'm home!" I yelled while walking inside and looking around "Shinobu! Rengoku! Mitsuri! I'm back!" I announced while continuing to walk through the halls of the mansion.  It was dead silent, you could hear a pin drop from how much the silence filled the room 'Maybe they're all on missions?' I thought to myself while heading over to my room, and once I entered my suspicions were confirmed by a note left on my bed in Shinobu's hand writing.

I picked it up and it read "(Y/n), We have all been sent in missions relatively far away, whether you return from final selection will not be within our knowledge before we return, so we all pray you have read this safely, Sincerely, Shinobu Kocho," I smiled at the letter and set in on my nightstand. I then heard as my door opened and I turned to see Ubuyashiki standing before me "Master..." I whispered under my breath "My crows had given me the news, I was so happy I decided I must see you at once when you arrived," he gave a kind smile.

I nodded and slowly got on my knee, bowing to him "Welcome (Y/n)... you are officially part of the demon slayer corps," he congratulated me as I slowly stood back up "I apologize for sending all hashira on missions before you arrived, if I had known you'd be so quick to get here, I would have held off for at least a few seconds for them to say congratulations," he gave an apologetic bow.  I smiled and chuckled "No worries, I'd prefer to surprise them anyways," I admitted "Well then... by my calculations they'll be arriving tomorrow, and your new sword will arrive in three days," he explained as I bowed "Thank you, Master," I said happily.

I stood straight up again as he bowed and exited, closing the door as he left before his footsteps were heard, signaling that he was walking away '...An official demon slayer,' I smiled to myself proudly before sitting on my bed and taking a deep breath, tired from my long trip back here and slowly settling into bed.

~Time Skip~

I don't recall how long I slept for, but as I started waking up, I felt as if something was laying on me, something that felt relatively light 'What in the world...'  I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my chest to see the most unexpected scene to open my eyes to "...Shinobu?" I asked as she slowly opened her eyes.  She slowly sat back up and smile "Good Evening (Y/n)! I'm glad to see you are alright," she simply said "...Were you sleeping on me?" I asked "Only for a few minutes, I had just finished wrapping up the scrape on your back and didn't want to disturb your sleep," she explained as I lifted my shirt and saw the bandage wrapped around me.

I was about to thank her before something clicked in my head "Did... Did you operate on me while I was asleep?" I asked which caused her to fall silent "...Let us head out! currently only me, Rengoku, and Mitsuri have returned to give you congratulations," She replied, completely ignoring my question while helping me get up from my bed. We headed out of my room and towards the yard where Mitsuri and Rengoku were waiting "Evening (Y/n)!" Rengoku yelled as a greeting, and just as I was about to respond, Mitsuri tackled me into a hug "(Y/N)! YOU'RE BACK!" she yelled while squeezing me tightly.

I lightly hugged back while struggling to breathe "Mitsuri... can't... breathe," I managed to let out, immediately making her loosen her grip and back away "Sorry... JUST REALLY HAPPY!" she explained, wiping off her tears while smiling widely "I'm fine, so please relax," I said while catching my breath and chuckling at her concern.  Rengoku then walked up to me, smiling proudly while giving a bow "I will admit, I was wrong in thinking you couldn't do it... but you proved me wrong," he apologized, making me smile "It's fine, I could understand why you thought that... I... kinda was in a situation," I slowly explained.