6/12/64

*He sat there, still. Motionless. Worried.*
"..I'm sure someone will show up, Will." *He shook his head, looking down at the table.* "You said I couldn't invite my teachers.. They're the only friends I ha-" "Will.." *Rosa interrupted, sitting down next to him. She put on a party hat on his head.* "They aren't your friends.. They are educators.- How come you don't try to go outside at recess? Make new friends?" *Will frowned.* "I don't like other kids.." *He looked up at the clock, starting to tear up.* "No one's coming.. It has been an hour-." *She sighed and grabbed a knife, starting to cut him a slice of cake and put it on a plate.* "Hey, Diego?!" *She called upstairs.* "Could you come here?" *He called back,* "Coming, Hun!" *He walked down the stairs and looked at them.* "No one is here yet?" *She walked over to him and whispered to him, making him frown at what she was saying.* "Oh.. Hey, Champ.- We can just have a family party." *He sat down next to him, while Rosa cut two more pieces of cake.* "We did that last time.." *Will sunk his head in his arms.* "Someone *has* to show.." *They both looked at each other for a moment, until Rosa spoke back up.* "Hey, why don't we read a story, hm? Christmas is coming up, we could read 'The Grinch'!" *Will slowly shook his head.* "Alright.."
*Hours later still no one showed. Will still sat at the table, his parent's already in bed. The cake was in the fridge and Will had barely touched his slice, wanting it to be eaten when everyone showed up. "..They'll show any minute.." *He'd be telling himself. He looked at the lighter on the table and grabbed one of the wax candles, lighting the stem of the candle. His eyes quickly widened and he dropped it, seeming as he didn't expect it to work. The flame started to slowly feed on the wooden table, making him a bit frantic even though it was still considered small.* "Uhh-.. Uhm.. I-" *He used his hands to suffocate the fire, making a faint burn on his palm.* "...." *He started to tear up more, even though the burn had only irritated the skin. He frowned and looked at the table, seeing a black burn mark. His eyes slightly widened, quickly grabbing the knife to try and cover it.* "..-"