#1

"Hey! Kale, back off! I'm trying to win here!" shouted Genevieve.

Currently, she and her best friend Kale were sitting in Gen's living room, playing Mariokart.

She had gotten sick while her parents were both away on business trips so Kale offered to come over and look after her.

When they met four years earlier on a roleplay website, they had no idea they would become best friends. They started out by just talking about the roleplay they were both in but it soon blossomed into an amazing friendship.

At the time, Genevieve lived in Alaska but then she moved all the way to Pennsylvania. That's where Kale had lived all his life. Gen and Kale were so excited to be living in the same state and city so they quickly made arrangements to meet at a mall.

When they had finally met in real life, it was like they had known each other forever. The two of them talked nonstop about everything from videogames to overused words.

Kale pulled ahead of Gen, his motorcycle being the fastest in the L-class characters. He was playing as King Boo like always.

Gen quickly threw her red turtle shell at him and pulled ahead again. She crossed the finish line in 1st place and cheered. Her character, Toad, was doing his little dance. "Yes! Ha, in your face Kale! And you said I wouldn't be able to beat you."

Kale's expression turned over-dramatically hurt. "Hurtful!" he whined.

But Gen just smiled and said, "I'm so sorry I'm flawless."