FORTY

Jimin entered the room. "Mr. Charles, did Greta witness everything?" he asked, concern in his eyes and voice.

Enzo nodded as Jimin sighed, "You should've waited. Greta and I were on our way!" Jimin clenched his jaw and moved into the closet room.

"Greta, come out. Let's go to our place," Jimin spoke in a calm tone, trying not to further distress her after witnessing her mother's demise at her father's hands.

Greta emerged from her hiding place, rushing into Jimin's embrace. "Jim-Jimin—Dad killed m-mom—she wasn't moving... a lot of blood. Mom died, really? I should've s-stopped d-dad. I was there..." Her words trembled as she clung tightly to him, seeking solace. Jimin, with gentle strokes on her back, offered what comfort he could.

"It's okay. Your mom did so many bad things," he whispered in an attempt to justify the harsh reality.

"Bad things? We are bad people, Jimin... Don't we all do the same? Don't you, dad, Jungkook, and Yn kill people? Then how is my mom bad?" Greta's piercing question reflected the brutal truth that Jimin found difficult to answer. Instead, he continued to caress her head.

Enzo entered the room, addressing the unspoken conflict. "Your mom had killed people to deceive her own family. We kill people for our families," he explained, attempting to draw a line between motives and actions.

"Really? Mr. Charles, who am I to you? When will you kill me? I'm not Carlos either..." Greta's voice wavered with fear and despair, her tears choking her words. Enzo's heart shattered, hearing the pain in his daughter's voice.

"You are my daughter. I won't ever abandon you, Greta! You don't know the whole story of what Rosalia did."

Rosalia didn't just hide Greta's true parentage, she revealed the sinister truth of her actions, confessing to the murders of Yn's and Jungkook's mother, and who also killed Greta's real parents. Shockingly, she justified these heinous acts by invoking the name of her daughter, Greta, who wasn't even Carlos.

"I may not know, Dad. But I stayed with you more than her. I always believed in your ways of doing things, but Mom looked miserable. You didn't let her finish her side of the story." Greta burst out in emotional distress.

"No story could ever justify the sins she committed. My father chose her over me, destroying my happiness? You probably won't understand the depth of my sufferings." Enzo's confession hung heavy in the air, but he restrained himself, not wanting to inflict more pain on his daughter, who couldn't fully understand the complexities of her parents' actions.

"I need time... please, let's go, Jimin," Greta uttered, walking out with Jimin as they made their way to their mansion.

After reaching their destination, Greta's tears flowed continuously. "Jimin, if Mom and Dad were not my parents, then..."

Jimin cut her off. "Ms. Rosalia killed your biological parents to prevent any revelations in the future. But even the smartest person leaves traces behind," he scoffed.

However, her cries intensified and showed no signs of stopping. "Stop crying, Greta! I understand your pain, but it's been more than 25 years already. Your mom deserved this," Jimin extended a glass of water to her as she settled onto the couch. She took a measured sip, her fingers fidgeting nervously along the rim before she returned the glass to him.

"Jim, now you have more reasons to hate me... I'm not their daughter. I'm not privile—" the fear palpable in her voice, even in her breaths, anxiousness and fear didn't go unnoticed.