six

I ran until I reached the blonde girl, too immersed in her walking to notice me calling her name in the courtyard. I smiled as I reached her, pulling on her sleeve and she turned around.

Annick greeted me happily and pulled me down to sit next to her on the empty bench, "I have so much to tell you!". I sat and shivered as the cold metal touched my exposed legs, Annick seemed completely immune to the cold fall weather. "I was nominated for Head girl" she announced excitedly and I felt like someone had slapped me too hard on my back.

I smiled though if she wasn't so happy she would've noticed it didn't reach my eyes, "Annick I'm so happy for you! You deserve it" And I meant it too. I swallowed and turned to look at her gleaming eyes, "I was nominated too". I watched as she tried to hide her disappointment with a grin but I knew her better by now. She was extremely academically competitive though never before with me.

"But Annick", I started, leaning closer to her and grabbing her hands in mine, "I don't want to be head girl. I think you deserve it more than anyone here including me. You have the best marks and I know you'll put in all of the needed work to make this school better for girls" I quickly said. An authentic smile formed on her usually worried face and without warning she hugged me. 

I inhaled the comforting scent of cinnamon and vanilla and hugged her back, her warmth radiating off onto me. Although I did  want to get Head girl I knew I hadn't lied to her. She was by the most organised and focused girl here including me. I had the grades for it but she would actually improve the school. It didn't make it any easier though to give up before it started.

I pulled away and gasped, "Annick guess what happened when you were out of class! Descamps had a porno in his bag" I confided quietly. Her light eyes widened and her mouth fell open. I giggled at her response.

"Are you serious? That's disgusting he could get suspended for something like that!" She replied. A few seconds passed of us just staring at each other in shock before a fit of giggles invaded and soon we were playfully leaning into the other. A few minutes passed before I remembered the other  thing I wanted to tell her. 

"I don't know if it's necessarily a secret..." I began and Annick interrupted me.

"I can keep a secret" she promised earnestly with a slight tone of amusement and I smiled, knowing she could.

"Michelle and Laubrac I think are dating now" I said, looking at her for her reaction. Annick thought for a moment, her eyebrows furrowing slightly and mouth opening only a sliver. Another breeze ran through the courtyard as a few students wandered out of the cafeteria. Annick and I had chosen to skip lunch today in order to properly talk alone.

Annick seemed to finally come to a conclusion, "I have noticed them getting closer, do you think Jean Pierre knows? Maybe it really is a secret if no one told us, I mean I would consider you close with Michelle". 

"Michelle and I we aren't that close. I think when I first arrived yes but not so much anymore. Maybe you can ask Jean Pierre about it over a candlelight dinner" I teased and her rosy cheeks turned a light shade of pink. It was nearly impossible to find a girl at our school who didn't think he was striking. His hair alone was perfection, I caught myself staring at those green eyes constantly. 

She sighed and looked off into the cafeteria windows at what I assumed was Jean Pierre eating his food, "I wish, he's so handsome" she swooned and I laughed at her shameless ogling. The memory of Jean Pierre and Simone's weird looks lingered in my mind but I pushed it away. Though she had been acting differently lately, it very well could be because of Jean Pierre. My nosy thoughts were interrupted by a certain figure walking over to the boy's bathroom and standing outside of it.